Prnc & hms raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Sharples29, Jun 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am new to this site

I am going to PRNC 9th September is anyone else going?!

Due to go HMS Raleigh 1st Dec (CIS)

Can't wait I am so excited.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

2. I'm going on my Prnc on the 9th as well

3. Are you?! That's cool. You going to Raleigh the 1st dec too?! I'm so excited now

4. I go on the 8th AET

5. Im doing my PRNC on the 9th sept too. Im going to Raleigh on the 8th Dec:)

6. I go to raleigh on 1st of december, but go to PRNC on 23th of september, i go in as (MW)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  7. Also new to the site.

PRNC - Sept 30th

Raleigh - Dec 1st (joining as MW)

8. Hi,

I was originally meant to go to PRNC this week but I couldn't make it. I am now doing my PRNC in Nov and going to Raleigh on the 1st Dec (CIS). There is a facebook group for the 1st December Entry.

9. Out of curiosity, for the 1.5mile run at PRNC, is there a 0.5 mile warm up before it then into the 1.5,or is it just "ready..go" sort of thing?

MOD EDIT: Moved to a more appropriate thread

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
  10. OMM

OMM War Hero

Neither.

There is a warm up that is made up of active stretching (knee highs, heel flicks, lunges etc) and progressive sprints. Then it's a jog to the start line and away you go!

11. Happy days,thought as much,my friend just done another 1.5 for his job (police) n said he had a warm up of 0.5,just curious to see if we were the same.
    Sorry for what is probably another daft question. Seen 2 or 3 times on here the treading water is for 4 minutes but all the info I've had from AFCO is saying its just 2 mins. What one is it do you know?

12. OMM

OMM War Hero

Nothing like the police, their fitness standards are set at a really low level.

It's 2 minutes in which you are in a circle and can talk to one another to pass the time.

13. That's brilliant, as always OMM you've been a good help,hope all is going well :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Really? :? And your experience of the Police Fitness Tests is... what, exactly? within a few months of leaving the RN I did the Fitness Tests for the Prison Service and three Police Forces, none of which I would class as a "really low level". While the MSFT qualification levels are not the same as the RNFT, the rest of the tests do at least allow staff to assess physical abilities other than just an applicant's VO2 Max levels.

15. OMM

OMM War Hero

5.4 on the bleep test isn't exactly setting the bar high.

16. sgtpepperband

Read my post - I didn't say it was high (or as high as the RNFT), but the Police fitness test is not JUST the MSFT; there are other physical tests to complete, all of which are non-gender specific. No doubt a young "roid raged" specimen like your good self can piss it, but consider some of the more gentle females who can't be as awesome as you... yet can still put you on your arse when you cross them outside a bar in Anytown.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  17. OMM

OMM War Hero

Seen a fair share of incapable police personnel on patrol before. Seem to be more of a visual deterrent rather than a force to be reckoned with. Not taking it away from the majority of them as I have total respect for the job that they do.

18. sgtpepperband

So you can judge a police officer's capabilities or physical fitness from their appearance, can you? And yes, visual deterrent is a valuable policing tool.

You just did, by your previous comment.

19. From what I have observed I am confident that all the police officers I have seen would be well able to give a good account of themselves in a game of darts.

20. OMM

OMM War Hero

I never said just by their appearance as that would be absurd. I mean in real life situations on the street that I have witnessed and also on these police orientated programmes that seem to be all the rave these days.