PRNC HMS Collingwood - 17th June 2019

Maran?4

Midshipman
My prnc is collingwood April 29th, with a joining date of May 19, was kind of hoping mine would get cancelled but not heard anything! I’m guessing it’s just a trial period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misherwut

Midshipman
My prnc is collingwood April 29th, with a joining date of May 19, was kind of hoping mine would get cancelled but not heard anything! I’m guessing it’s just a trial period

How come you were hoping it would get cancelled? Not looking forward to your PRNC?

Maran?4

Midshipman
How come you were hoping it would get cancelled? Not looking forward to your PRNC?
Yeh definitely not looking forward to it. They originally said I probably wouldn’t have to do it as I sat (and failed) an AIB end of last year so I already had some experience! I only live in pompey so it’s no hassle really. But work wouldn’t let me have it off so I’ve had to put my notice in for it

misherwut

Midshipman
Yeh definitely not looking forward to it. They originally said I probably wouldn’t have to do it as I sat (and failed) an AIB end of last year so I already had some experience! I only live in pompey so it’s no hassle really. But work wouldn’t let me have it off so I’ve had to put my notice in for it

I see! If they end up scrapping the PRNC then I'll consider myself lucky to have been through one before Raleigh. It sounds like a good taster to Raleigh.

Maran?4

Midshipman
I see! If they end up scrapping the PRNC then I'll consider myself lucky to have been through one before Raleigh. It sounds like a good taster to Raleigh.
It’ll definitely help but because I have just over a month now until it then I join, I’m a bit scared!
I’m 26 so worrying about getting on with people much younger than myself etc.
My sister and all my friends are in the mob or ex, so I know exactly what I’m going into. If some of them can do it I’m sure I’ll be fine!

misherwut

Midshipman
It’ll definitely help but because I have just over a month now until it then I join, I’m a bit scared!
I’m 26 so worrying about getting on with people much younger than myself etc.
My sister and all my friends are in the mob or ex, so I know exactly what I’m going into. If some of them can do it I’m sure I’ll be fine!

That's fair enough, I completely get where you are coming from. I'm 26, and will be turning 27 whilst I'm at Raleigh.

I've given some thought about mixing with the younger recruits also, and I'm sure you won't be surprised when I say that I've spoken to a fair few going to Raleigh this year and all of them pretty much have been between 21-28.

I guess it's part of the learning process, both for us and for the younger recruits.

Sam_cc

I wouldn’t worry about all of that, once you’ve passed the fitness tests and whatnot, everything else is just an insight into Raleigh, but to answer your question ...nothing happened, there was a lad that went to the toilet during a squad run
Hello, i want to ask, what if you failed the swimming test and tread in water, does it means you wont be allowed into Raleigh.. I am just curious..

thanks

KeepGoing

Midshipman
The 2.4km and the swimming 50m in swimming clothes are pass/fail, if you fail you will be pushed back for entry, the treading water is not a pass/fail as far as I am aware

Last edited:

SpannerRat

Lantern Swinger
The 2.4km and the swimming 50m in swimming clothes are pass/fail, if you pass you will be pushed back for entry, the treading water is not a pass/fail as far as I am aware
I would think it was part of the test as you have to tread water for two minutes in overalls before you are allowed to swim. The whole point is to simulate jumping off a ship so if you can’t tread water before finding a life raft.....

KeepGoing

Midshipman
I believe it used to be a pass/fail as well, but now it isn't. I guess as long as you can do it at the end of Raleigh it should be fine.

Maran?4

Midshipman
As far as I know that’s been sent to me in info for my upcoming prnc, the 2.4km run and 50m swim in just shorts/costume is pass fail. If you fail either, your initial training will be deferred.
You do do a swim and tread water in overalls at the prnc, but this is not pass or fail

SafferBlondie

Midshipman
Just a curious, probably blonde, question but for the 2.4km timed run - is it one by one and they watch, or does everyone run together and you finish soon as you can? Do the officers run with you? I was told that they do as they set the pace - that correct? Thanks!!
(got my PRNC this coming Monday and I'm recovering from the flu, so just worried at how I'm going to perform... Will obviously try my absolute best and push harder than I've ever pushed)

Squizzy

Just a curious, probably blonde, question but for the 2.4km timed run - is it one by one and they watch, or does everyone run together and you finish soon as you can? Do the officers run with you? I was told that they do as they set the pace - that correct? Thanks!!
(got my PRNC this coming Monday and I'm recovering from the flu, so just worried at how I'm going to perform... Will obviously try my absolute best and push harder than I've ever pushed)
I’ve got my PRNC this Monday to, I’m just not keen on the travel as it’s so far

SafferBlondie

Midshipman
No I am fine with it just it’s the first I’ve travelled this far on my own, I’ll be okay once I’ve done it just hope I meet someone on the way
Hey!!! Good to know someone else on the same PRNC. Always helps knowing someone.
Send me a PM and let me know where you travelling from... Never know, might be the same area or atleast same train!