PRNC HMS Caledonia 22nd FEB 2016

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Jake K, Feb 20, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there.

Im going to HMS Caledonia for my PRNC and was just wondering if someone could give me a little insight and some info on what to excpect.

Whats the accomodation like?
    My hair is longish should i get it cut before i go?
    What is the food like?
    What are the MAIN PASS & FAIL tests?

And anything else you can add please.
  2. If you don't get a response could you let me know when you get back?
    I've got mine 29th Feb. Have you got your Raleigh date yet?
  3. Yes of course bud. Yeah my Entry date is the start of May. Yourself?
  4. Cheers man 24th may aha can't wait :) good luck on your Prnc I think it's just 1.5 mile and 50m you have to pass from what I've already read.
  5. Read the stickied PRNC thread, also watch the video on the RN site. Only have to pass the 1.5mile and 50 meter swim. But you must make a good effort at everything else, as they can fail you on the course overall if you dont make an 100% effort on everything.

Looking forward to it, roll on monday :D

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ah now youve said that i think mine might be that date to.....i lost my emauil a few months back and not double checked since. Cheers man and yeah i heard it was just that to but wasnted to make sure for definate. Thanks
  7. got back from mine thursday.

The run and 50m swim in your swimsuit is pass or fail the rest is not strictly pass or fail but like someone said above they can fail you at any point if they see fit to do so.

Its not a hard course in reality.
  8. do they tell you on the day if you pass or at the end? how does that go about?
  9. You get kicked of the course instantly of you fail either the 1.5 mile run or the swim tests. Otherwise there is a debrief at the end. Havent u read the letter u got from ur AFCO?

10. Aye but schedual wise, it mentions the debrief with the OIC. I may have gotten the kick off info from my AFCO & this forum.

11. i know about the debrief etc yeah but that what i was wondering was there an instant removal or is just something they will tell you at the end during the de brief.
  12. As far as i know its instant, thats what i have heard from people who have been on it. No point in keeping someone on if they failed an element of the course.