PRNC fitness

I have my PRNC soon, have read the threads on here and have found some conflicting info that I'd appreciate if somebody who has done it recently could clear up.

Is the 1.5 mile run on the Tuesday, swim Wednesday and 5K Thursday still?
Regarding the extra 10% time allowance, i don't think ill need it but just in case, is getting a 12.16 (under 24,M) actually a pass or are you made to redo it?
Are boots still issued on the final day?
and finally, are the press-ups and sit-ups to a beep? i can imagine that sapping your strength a fair bit.

Before anyone says, I do not plan to use the extra 10% but just knowing it is there would be a relief. Any help is appreciated.

just a quick question, when did you complete you fitness test? as i completed mine in March and am waiting for a PRNC date. Just wanted to know how long it takes roughly to get a date. Thanks

I went to the PRNC North in Scotland (it might be different at the South one) but yeah, it was 1.5m run on Tue, swim on Wed morning with circuit training Wed afternoon, then squad run on Thur with more press ups, burpees, sit ups, sprints too.

Although we did LOADS of press ups and sit ups over the 3 days, there wasn’t any specific test on them. I think they were just watching us to make sure we were putting the effort in to doing them and not giving up.

Boots were given out on the first day and if you pass the PRNC then you get to keep them to take to Raleigh.

Hi, kind of related as you are slightly ahead of me and I didn't get a reply to my thread so hoping to get the answer here! How soon after RT did you get your interview and medical etc? Don't want to spend my time revising fully for RT then only have a week's prep for interview.

Cheers!

Hi, kind of related as you are slightly ahead of me and I didn't get a reply to my thread so hoping to get the answer here! How soon after RT did you get your interview and medical etc? Don't want to spend my time revising fully for RT then only have a week's prep for interview.

Cheers!
From my experience if you pass your RT the AFCO will book you in for your interview that day and that's down to your availability, mine was maybe 2 weeks after.

Cheers!
I passes my RT last month and was told I woukd receive an interview after I pass the medical.

Cheers!
after my RT my interview was about a week after and my medical was about 3 weeks after that

Cheers!
I only had a day to prepare for my interview due to short notice:(

I will put my full dates here:

I applied for MASM in start of November.
Did my RT test end of January (I know long wait) .
within week or so Triage call on the 12/03.
Medical on the 23/03.
Paper review on the 12/04.
I was TMU due to my eye so it delayed me a bit. Got passed medically fit on the 27/04.
Did interview 30/04.
Applied for SC 01/05
Did my fitness test 12/05.
Got my SC clearance 05/06
Then i got my starting date for Raleigh on the 06/06.

Last edited:
I only had a day to prepare for my interview due to short notice:(

I will put my full dates here:

I applied for MASM in start of November.
Did my RT test end of January (I know long wait) .
within week or so Triage call on the 12/03.
Medical on the 23/03.
Paper review on the 12/04.
I was TMU due to my eye so it delayed me a bit. Got passed medically fit on the 27/04.
Did interview 30/04.
Applied for SC 1/05
Did my fitness test 12/05.
Got my SC clearance 05/06
Then i got my starting date for Raleigh on the 6/06.
i started my application at the same time, did evrything up to my pjft by mid march. But still waiting for my dates, waiting to be cleared on my sc