PRNC day by day

blue4868

Midshipman
HMS collingwood

Monday
You will be took to the base and will get off and get your ID cards and go through a bunch of powerpoints and then do your first parade training, and then March to tea. Food is actually quite nice. After tea you will do a couple of icebreaker games, then clean and then sleep at 10:30

Tuesday
Wake up 5:45 most people get up earlier you will shower and then clean don’t go overtop with cleaning just do a basic mop and hover and clean bathroom. Then breakfast and after that to the parade ground to do more marching. After that you will then get changed to sport clothes to complete you’re 1.5 mile. Few people failed this so be prepared and pick up any water bottle otherwise the PT will make you do extra exercise after that you will do a IMF this will be a shock. Then shower, then changed then to the chaplaincy after that lunch then to your ship visit don’t be excited because you will be probably going to HMS Bristol lol even though theres QE there and a few destroyers and frigates. After that more powerpoints then learn to do kit and then shower and sleep.

Wednesday
Wake up 5:30 clean then breakfast after that boot polishing and then your branch of choice interview which is very useful after that your class photograph and then your swim. You will do it in trunks first and if you pass that you will do the RN swim test in boiler suits. You will be sat at attention for ages waiting for others don’t scratch few people failed this aswell. Then 8 minutes to change absolute chaos in changing room. Then lunch and then more powerpoints and then Leadership tasks after that Q&A with staff then Round preparation. Then dinner. After that more kit then a powerpoint then clean and shower and bed

Thursday
Wake up 5:45 clean shower and then round prep then breakfast your kit will be inspected by a PO or Cheif PO after that another PowerPoint and then the squad run just gives your all in this a quarter of the class threw up in this. After that shower then PowerPoint then a 1 on 1 interview giving you all the documents for Raleigh and your certificate after that around 2pm you will get the coach back to the train station

You will be marching everywhere
Give 100% in all physical exercise, PTs will be hard on you
Bring extra food to snack on
You will have 30 minutes out of a 15 hour day for free time
Be fit before you come
You will make loads of friends in such a short amount of time
They will make you take a water bottle everywhere when do phys pick up anyone if in rush
Don’t scratch or itch because this really annoys the PT’s or the staff and hands out of pockets
Bring a watch aswell

If you need to know anything just ask

Last edited:

blue4868

Midshipman
Hey! Thanks for the information! What's the branch interview like?
Basically you go off in a group to your chosen branch so AET to ex AET a warfare to an ex Warfare etc and They give a presentation about the course and what you do on ship. You can ask as many questions about your role in the interview . It’s a good insight into your role

misherwut

Midshipman
Basically you go off in a group to your chosen branch so AET to ex AET a warfare to an ex Warfare etc and They give a presentation about the course and what you do on ship. You can ask as many questions about your role in the interview . It’s a good insight into your role
Sounds great! Definitely looking forward to that! Thanks for the information!

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
If you're going Collingwood don't be shocked if you don't get your boots haha, only some of us did the rest of us got a letter to give a Raleigh so they give us the boots, so if you get this letter remember to bring it to Raleigh or you have to pay 120 quid for the boots

JKelso

Midshipman
How come people were throwing up during the 4km squad run? Did you all get beasted with pushups, burpees, etc. during the run?

blue4868

Midshipman
How come people were throwing up during the 4km squad run? Did you all get beasted with pushups, burpees, etc. during the run?
Every 1k has a mini exercise such as carrying each other push ups, planks and sprints etc
At the end you have a 800m sprint give 100% because our class didn’t and we had to do it again

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
A boy threw up on mine aswell, 2 girls finished crying not sure why
The throwing up was because we did the 3.2km and the last 800meeters we had to sprint in 3 minutes, we all did it and a girl did it in 3 mins 3 secs so we had to run back to the 800m starting point and do it again, by then we was all sick luckily we all made it this time and didn't have todo it again...

Texast

Midshipman
We were at the same PRNC I thought it was a decent crack tbf.

Sitting to attention during the swim test was hard I had water in my eye and needed to rub it got my press ups just as someone started struggling in the pool so I think the PTI forgot I was there. I’m sure I was doing press ups for about four minutes before he finally told me to fall in

Just a warning you’ll be tired and hungry most of the week

Last edited:

blue4868

Midshipman
We were at the same PRNC I thought it was a decent crack tbf.

Sitting to attention during the swim test was hard I had water in my eye and needed to rub it got my press ups just as someone started struggling in the pool so I think the PTI forgot I was there. I’m sure I was doing press ups for about four minutes before he finally told me to fall in

Just a warning you’ll be tired and hungry most of the week
Spot on, don’t scratch lol

Shipspotter

Badgeman
A boy threw up on mine aswell, 2 girls finished crying not sure why
The throwing up was because we did the 3.2km and the last 800meeters we had to sprint in 3 minutes, we all did it and a girl did it in 3 mins 3 secs so we had to run back to the 800m starting point and do it again, by then we was all sick luckily we all made it this time and didn't have todo it again...
This is interesting to know, I’ll incorporate it into my training! Thank you