PRNC Date change...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by lorna1204, Jul 5, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my PRNC date for in September but I'm meant to be on holiday until the Tuesday..

My Raleigh date is 9th October..

Just wondered if anyone knew whether it would be likely that I could change to the week before? Or am I allocated the first available slot?

I would ask my careers advisor but he's on leave until 18th.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If there are free spaces, then obviously there's room to manoeuvre, otherwise you'll need to defer entry. Ordinarily, there are no prnc's for the bulk of August.
  3. Deferring entry means March 17 :(
    I suppose it's worth a call to the AFCO tomorrow see if anyone can help in the absence of my careers advisor. Otherwise it means no holiday for me!

Thanks @Ninja_Stoker!
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

There is a common perception when joining that this will be 'my last holiday'. In actual fact you'll find yourself having many more as you'll be able to more readily afford them, avail yourself of service discounts and may well find yourself taking leave in-situ when deployed overseas.

Just give your AFCO bell, explain the situation in the absence of your careers adviser and ask if there's any wriggle-room with the PRNC - there sometimes is. The tip is to ring first thing in the morning before the office gets busy.
  5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't forget to apologise for interrupting their coffee break. Or better still turn up at the office bearing chocolate hobnobs.