PRNC Completed - anyone have any questions?

SpannerRat

Lantern Swinger
I’m not sure mate. Probabl

We were told there was at our PRNC? Weird, never mind.
To be fair, they seem to change things constantly as my PJFT pass time was about 1:30 longer than a friend got a few months earlier, same age and gender. I wasn’t complaining lol.

tisAndy

Midshipman
To be fair, they seem to change things constantly as my PJFT pass time was about 1:30 longer than a friend got a few months earlier, same age and gender. I wasn’t complaining lol.
Yeah they’ve recently changed, but the times for the 2.4k at Raleigh are the same. For my age (26) I think it’s still 11:33, 11:16 for the younger age group.

Ck123

Midshipman
Yeah they’ve recently changed, but the times for the 2.4k at Raleigh are the same. For my age (26) I think it’s still 11:33, 11:16 for the younger age group.
For girls aged 25-29 it’s like 14,58 it’s crazy because at Raleigh you need to cut it way down by week 5 almost to like 12 something!

tisAndy

Midshipman
For girls aged 25-29 it’s like 14,58 it’s crazy because at Raleigh you need to cut it way down by week 5 almost to like 12 something!
I didn’t know you done it more than once?

I’m assuming the only pass/fail is the time you get in the first week.

In the PRNC I was allowed 12:42 but managed 10:59 - gunna try and aim for under 10.

Ck123

Midshipman
I didn’t know you done it more than once?

I’m assuming the only pass/fail is the time you get in the first week.

In the PRNC I was allowed 12:42 but managed 10:59 - gunna try and aim for under 10.
Yeah you do it in week 1 and then again in week 5 but they want t see a considerable improvement by week 5 obviously as you’ll be having your IMF sessions etc so should be fitter! Also do things like camp sprints and stuff!

Yeah as far as I am aware the first week is the pass/fail but if they want you to get your time down then it should always be a pass anyway.

Yeah that’s a great idea! I got 11.40 at Rosyth on PRNC I guess I’ll try and 11 minutes haha

tisAndy

Midshipman
Yeah you do it in week 1 and then again in week 5 but they want t see a considerable improvement by week 5 obviously as you’ll be having your IMF sessions etc so should be fitter! Also do things like camp sprints and stuff!

Yeah as far as I am aware the first week is the pass/fail but if they want you to get your time down then it should always be a pass anyway.

Yeah that’s a great idea! I got 11.40 at Rosyth on PRNC I guess I’ll try and 11 minutes haha
The biggest word of advice to someone going to do their PRNC would be to get outdoors instead of running on a treadmill - they’ll hammer you for it when you’re there. Also, get in the pool!!!!

CJ1234

Hi Guys

I’ve just finished my PRNC at MOD Caledonia in Rosyth, Edinburgh.

If anyone has any questions and can’t find the answer on the forum already, let me know and I’ll answer them as much as I can.

Andrew
I have read on some threads that during the fitness test you will be doing push ups and sit ups to a beep. Is there a timescale that this runs to? I am sure it will be fine but 2 minutes of press ups non stop may be difficult to the beep. If that's the case can you rest a couple of seconds when you reach your absolute limit? Many thanks.

tisAndy

Midshipman
I have read on some threads that during the fitness test you will be doing push ups and sit ups to a beep. Is there a timescale that this runs to? I am sure it will be fine but 2 minutes of press ups non stop may be difficult to the beep. If that's the case can you rest a couple of seconds when you reach your absolute limit? Many thanks.
There isn’t any bleep test press ups or sit ups at PRNC - they PTI makes you do a few when down the sports hall, and the leading hands may have you 10-20 if you’re late somewhere or late getting ready, so don’t be that guy otherwise you’ll either be doing them in front of everyone or make everyone do them for your mistake.

Try and keep your energy for the circuit training at Faslane (if you’re at MOD Caledonia) - possibly the hardest thing I’ve done.

CJ1234

Thanks for that mate. I appreciate it. I am fairly confident with swimming and running. Upper body strength is what I'm trying to work on and my core. Max out at 10/15 push ups atm but I'm working on it.

tisAndy

Midshipman
Thanks for that mate. I appreciate it. I am fairly confident with swimming and running. Upper body strength is what I'm trying to work on and my core. Max out at 10/15 push ups atm but I'm working on it.
No worries pal.

They usually make you do up to 20 press ups per ‘set’.

You’ll do 20, maybe 10 fast and then 10 really slow (the slow ones are harder as when he tells you to ‘bend’ you’re there for around 5-8 seconds).

Is it Scotland you’re going to?

CJ1234

No worries pal.

They usually make you do up to 20 press ups per ‘set’.

You’ll do 20, maybe 10 fast and then 10 really slow (the slow ones are harder as when he tells you to ‘bend’ you’re there for around 5-8 seconds).

Is it Scotland you’re going to?
No mate it will be south west England. I'll keep noshing them out and pract

CJ1234

No mate it will be south west England. I'll keep noshing them out and practicing. I've got a wait yet anyway. Just handed in my application but hopefully won't be too long and hopefully pass my medical

ws1602

Lantern Swinger
What training did you do for the swim test? I’ve heard the swimming in overalls and climbing out is a killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tisAndy

Midshipman
What training did you do for the swim test? I’ve heard the swimming in overalls and climbing out is a killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only PASS/FAIL swimming test you do at your PRNC is a 50m swim test in normal swimming wear.

You’ll then do the same swim again in overalls (make sure you get some that fit otherwise you’ll find it even harder!). You’ll tread water for 2 minutes and then swim 50m again.

This was hard in my opinion, not gunna sugar coat it. Just get in the pool with joggers and a t shirt or top if you’re allowed to at your local swimming pool

Ck123

Midshipman
The only PASS/FAIL swimming test you do at your PRNC is a 50m swim test in normal swimming wear.

You’ll then do the same swim again in overalls (make sure you get some that fit otherwise you’ll find it even harder!). You’ll tread water for 2 minutes and then swim 50m again.

This was hard in my opinion, not gunna sugar coat it. Just get in the pool with joggers and a t shirt or top if you’re allowed to at your local swimming pool
Yeah I mean I’ve asked my pools to go in and wear clothes but hygiene reasons they won’t let you. But seriously after practising I can tread water for like 5 minutes now and swim 100m in one go like it’s ALL about practise! If you can swim without clothes things don’t change with clothes just don’t flap (that’s the advice I was given) :confused:

But seriously practise is all I can advise you! I feel so so much more confident now in swimming I don’t have any fears! But I started going 3/4 times a week after PRNC