PRNC Completed - anyone have any questions?

Hi Guys

I’ve just finished my PRNC at MOD Caledonia in Rosyth, Edinburgh.

If anyone has any questions and can’t find the answer on the forum already, let me know and I’ll answer them as much as I can.

Andrew

No push up or sit up test - that all happens at Raleigh.

You do do a lot of press ups in circuit training though, so be prepared! The circuit training is possibly the hardest thing I’ve ever done

No push up or sit up test - that all happens at Raleigh.

You do do a lot of press ups in circuit training though, so be prepared! The circuit training is possibly the hardest thing I’ve ever done
Oh okay, I saw on the website that there was a certain amount of pushups I had to do and situps and it was under the PRNC section.
But that website always seems to confuse me !
Thank you !

Yeah it did a lot of people up there.

Just make sure you nail the 2.4km on the Tuesday, and then the swim on the Wednesday - you’ll be fine.

Swimming in overall’s is harder than you think

I'm currently 24 and just applied so wondering if there was many older people there or mainly youngsters?
They’re mostly youngsters - there were 39 that started and all passed.

There was 1 x 33 year old, 2 x 26 year olds (me included), 1 x 24 year old and the rest were 16-19, most of them being school leavers at 16.

PRNC is really good normally 2/3 to a room whereas Raleigh is obviously going to be dorm type rooms. It’s actually a lot of fun just give it your all! Don’t need to do much ironing you do it once and then keep it ironed and display it. Hospital corners everyday and rounds / inspection everyday too. It’ll be cold but you’ll be moving enough you’ll get used to it. It’s fun

PRNC is really good normally 2/3 to a room whereas Raleigh is obviously going to be dorm type rooms. It’s actually a lot of fun just give it your all! Don’t need to do much ironing you do it once and then keep it ironed and display it. Hospital corners everyday and rounds / inspection everyday too. It’ll be cold but you’ll be moving enough you’ll get used to it. It’s fun
I suppose you make some friends there too!

You definitely do make friends, even though you are only there for 4 days it feels like you've known each other for ages! I had mine 10th December and I miss it so much already, can't wait to get started in January.

Also don't worry about your age, I'm 26 and felt like my age would be a problem but it really doesn't matter.

You definitely do make friends, even though you are only there for 4 days it feels like you've known each other for ages! I had mine 10th December and I miss it so much already, can't wait to get started in January.

Also don't worry about your age, I'm 26 and felt like my age would be a problem but it really doesn't matter.
Sounds good
And yeh I was a bit worried about that as I am 16..
I wouldn't really mind but the thought of being in a room full of 30 year olds seemed like I wouldn't be able to join in or relate to any convos if you see what I mean..
Was there any teens there with you?
Cheers

Sounds good
I wouldn't really mind but the thought of being in a room full of 30 year olds seemed like I wouldn't be able to join in or relate to any convos if you see what I mean..
Cheers
Don’t worry about this at all, everyone gets on with everyone.

Everyone has something in common.

Sounds good
Cheers
Yeah there were 32 of us and the majority were 16 - 18 so you will be fine :)

SpannerRat

Lantern Swinger
Out of 39 at MOD CALEDONIA Rosyth there weren’t any females, not sure at Raleigh,

The push up and sit up test at Raleigh is pass/fail.
I’m also assuming it’s full press ups for everyone? The old phys booklet AFCOs used to give said women can drop to their knees but I can’t see that happening at Raleigh somehow..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Joining the Royal Navy 0
G Joining the Royal Navy 0
pintofmilk Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1