PRNC cancelled, straight to Raleigh

Lulahgirl

Midshipman
Hi all,

Just had an email to say that my PRNC on 25th March is cancelled as everyone with a 26th May entry date do not need to do PRNC... anyone know why this might be?!

I know you might not want to do this, but I’d request your start date to be put back and do a PRNC it’s so important on your joining process to see what you need to work on and what you don’t need to work on. I start Raleigh at the end of April and I’m feeling a lot less nervous about it after attending the PRNC.

Lulahgirl

Midshipman
Im totally fine with fitness, I meet my PT everyday and she is ex-army PTI... I just don’t understand why PRNC has been cancelled! Thank you though, I might think about requesting PRNC

All I’ll say is don’t go to Raleigh without a PRNC. It’s not the end of the world if you do but a PRNC will help you so much. You’ll already know how to make your bed properly, iron and fold your kit, polish your boots and basics in drill. Like I say, check it out anyway as I was on PRNC last week and 100% there was 4/5 guys with your start date.

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
Agreed with Leeds, I didn't think Id get as much out of my PRNC as to what I did, the few days previous experience will really help you at Raleigh.

Lulahgirl

Midshipman
I’ve spoken to some other people on my entry date, we have been given a waiver on PRNC as a test to see if it is necessary

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Hi All! I know 'we' are silly old farts, but there was no such thing as a PRNC back then! (Remember, they'd only just discovered electricity.....)

We were just turfed out the truck or bus at Raleigh, given a long black oilskin coat (it was pissing down!) and sent off to the New Entry Block.

Surprisingly, most of us survived - definitely nobody died.

I think in this cost conscious world in which we live, if 'THEY' can save a few bob by cutting out the PRNC, then why not? Look on the bright side - you are a guinea pig, and in years to come will have bragging rights about NOT having had to do a PRNC.

And I bet you'll survive......

RabC

MIA
Also a great preparation for the rest of your RN career. Expect the unexpected and you’ll not be surprised, plans are made to be altered. Crack on and get amongst it.

Texast

Midshipman
Whilst I’m glad I did my PRNC and feel so much more prepared for Raleigh with it I’m sure you’ll survive without it

fishhead

War Hero
I thought the whole idea of the PRNC was to weed people out who stood little chance of being able to cope with the demands of Raleigh. I can see why trying to reduce costs would be valid reason but it may be a false economy with too many no-hopers having to be sent home.
I, like many others, never did a PRNC and survived Raleigh but back then the physical fitness requirement was much lower. The only time I remember running was to get to the front of the scran queue.:)

RabC

MIA
I thought the whole idea of the PRNC was to weed people out who stood little chance of being able to cope with the demands of Raleigh. I can see why trying to reduce costs would be valid reason but it may be a false economy with too many no-hopers having to be sent home.
I, like many others, never did a PRNC and survived Raleigh but back then the physical fitness requirement was much lower. The only time I remember running was to get to the front of the scran queue.:)
But is the whole phys “we want every recruit to be marathon man” the correct way to do it. I appreciate in “our” day there were a bunch of fat b’tards. When it came to things like POLC we were beasted, with vomit and everything else it caused, but by the time we headed towards the Black Mountains we were in a fit state. Isn’t Basic Training there to get people to the correct state? Society and the RN have become so risk averse and by being so I really do believe they could miss some of the best. Phys ain’t everything......

WreckerL

War Hero
As has been stated, "they" are looking at binning PRNC. If the Raleigh failure rate is the same as those who've done PRNC, it will be binned permanently.

TDogg

Midshipman
My entry date is 26th May my PRNC is 13th May as far as I know. Did you receive this information via personal email or online portal? Thanks

Asasioun

Badgeman
My entry date is 26th May my PRNC is 13th May as far as I know. Did you receive this information via personal email or online portal? Thanks
I'd be a little patient and either call them Friday or Monday (Friday is probably better).

I got a call before Lulahgirl (though after her email) from my AFCO, I think they got the news after hours and so where trying to make the changes asap and then notifying is when they could.

It may be on your portal, but chances are you'll get a call.

Sent using Tapatalk

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
My ‘source’ has reliably informed me this a trial of two RAL entires. Some will dip in, others will dip out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Stublurt Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
P Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5