PRNC AND HMS RALEIGH

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by FootballCrazy, Dec 10, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive got some questions that need answering..
    Ive got my PRNC coming up in a few months and was wondering if you stay in a mess with people roughly your age?
    And for Raleigh, do you stay in a mess with people similar to your age and same job role?
    Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  2. Also im quite a small lad, i only weigh about 55kg, can i get turned away because of this? I know in raleigh i'll get bigger by eating 3 good meals and training alot so i dont see why it would be a problem

3. As far as I know (and I did mine in 2008 so things may have really changed!), you stay in a mess with people who are on the course with you, that's it. The distinction ends with whether you are a boy or a girl. As far as I know, this also applies to Raleigh. As for Phase two, no idea. I was a chef so stayed at Raleigh and lived with logistics. I would assume that if you went for stoker etc you'd live with other baby stokers. I did not have a PRNC medical. They just asked if anyone was injured prior to commencement. You get your joining medical with capita and then they examine every inch of you when you get to phase one but I'm not aware of anything in between!
    @FootballCrazy. There are weight requirements. You must have a healthy BMI for your height, so if you have that I believe you should be fine. You can look up BMI calculator online and do your own BMI to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Football.. I'm curious, why the question?

5. No, all ages, all branches, and as photface says, only distinction is gender so seperate messes.

6. Zeb

Zeb Badgeman

Make sure your bmi doesn't end up too low. My lad weighed the same as you. It's all ages at prnc and Raleigh and mixed branches

7. Im about 5,9ft, i'm a skinny malink but i have a good body built as in muscle so i think that could help

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zeb

Zeb Badgeman

His bmi was picked up on his first medical so you should be ok

9. Do you need your hair cut short for your PRNC? Or is that just for Raleigh

10. Zeb

Zeb Badgeman

Just for Raleigh

11. Would it be advisable to have it short though?

12. Zeb

Zeb Badgeman

My son just had his normal hairstyle, certainly wasn't short by any means. So I wouldn't worry unless it's long

13. Okay thank you for clearing that up for me in such a short time!

14. Zeb

Zeb Badgeman

I just have no life lol :)