PRNC advice

finally got my date for my prnc and my entry date, I have plenty of time to prepare and have already started running and swimming ages ago so on that front I should be ok, I’m just wondering if there’s anything else I could prepare on to hit the ground running on my prnc and when I’m in Raleigh? Thanks in advance

My son is currently at Raleigh where he is doing phys everyday some of it timed by instructors, he thought he was fit before he went in but is exhausted at the end of the day!
They are up everyday at 5.30! 7am on Sundays so don't get used to lying in bed!
Get in the habit now of washing, ironing, drying your own clothes.... my son does this most days!!
From what my son said you can't be too fit... keep going with running, swimming and upper body strength as you are expected to climb ropes!
Prnc was fitness, team building etc, you have a fitness test which you have to pass and that includes swimming! Everyone passed it as it was just the basics, the run is timed the same as it is in ur treadmill run
Good luck but there are others on this site more qualified to give you advice, I'm just talking from my sons experience

finally got my date for my prnc and my entry date, I have plenty of time to prepare and have already started running and swimming ages ago so on that front I should be ok, I’m just wondering if there’s anything else I could prepare on to hit the ground running on my prnc and when I’m in Raleigh? Thanks in advance
Hey.

Follow the fitness guide but adapt your own fitness strengths to it.

I've been a regular gym goer for a few years now but generally more toward the strength aspect of the work. I was never all too great with running or swimming, but a few months ago (around when I applied) I started out with some long distance (well it felt long to me) endurance running to build up by stamina and help my cardio improve. Since then I've been able to complete a 10K in 50 mins and passed my PJFT with a great time.

If you wanna run fast, then practice makes perfect BUT as well as this - you need strong hips. Get to the gym and do some 'hip-abduction', squats (for those quads and butt to drive you) and weighted rope kicks (youtube this).

Swimming is my biggest ball buster, but again, practice, practice, practice and it's all good. I had this weird thing going on where whenever I swam under water it made me want to spew and I kept wretching - I have no idea.

Altogether you are gonna want to keep your core in check. A strong core is a strong you, in terms of stability, balance and manoeuvre.
Crunches, Burpees, Press-ups, Planks; it's all in your fitness guide (avail on RN site). Stabilize your core and you're on to a winner.

You'll need to climb ropes and carry equipment, do the stretcher run and carry your oppo's - you will need some strength for this, so don't skip out on the general stuff, lifting some weights and conditioning your body.

Deadlifts
Squats
Weightwalks
Benching

PM me for more