PRNC 1.5 Mile Run

Prop1910

Midshipman
When I attended AIB last year (at the tender age of 42), I managed 12:43 in the 2.4K run.
If I can do it....surely you people in your twenties can....?????!!

InstaDan

Lantern Swinger
When I attended AIB last year (at the tender age of 42), I managed 12:43 in the 2.4K run.
If I can do it....surely you people in your twenties can....?????!!

I know plenty of 40+ individuals who compete and place well (often higher than the 20 year olds) in cross country races. I don't think age is anywhere near as big a factor as discipline and commitment.

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
I know plenty of 40+ individuals who compete and place well (often higher than the 20 year olds) in cross country races. I don't think age is anywhere near as big a factor as discipline and commitment.

I totally agree. Managed to do 10.10 before my rejoining medical in September. I've slacked off a bit waiting for re-entry but did 10.39 twice this week at an age closer to 50 than 40...

I don't quite get the issue with the youngsters worrying about the qualifying times, you need to be seriously uncommitted to be worrying about it.

Antonio555

Midshipman
I'm not worried at all. Just noticed the difference and wondered what it was all about.

Does anyone else have any interesting insight into the PRNC that they can share?