PRNC 1.5 Mile Run

Hi everyone I have my PRNC on 26th February and I just was wondering about the 1.5 mile run.

On the Royal Navy website it currently says that the minimum pass time for my age group (25-29) I am 26 is Minimum pass time: 12 mins 42 secs for the PRNC.

I was under the impression that it would be the same as my PJFT where the minimum pass time was 11.30 mins?

I was wondering what the actual pass time is for the PRNC?

also if you have any other insight or advice for the PRNC that would be great

Yeah I know the website is pretty clear mate for the PRNC.

But what I don't get is that the pre joining fitness test pass rate is 11.33 (as seen below) but the PRNC pass rate is 12.42 minuites.

So you can be slower at the PRNC than your fitness test And still pass?

Either way I should smash the run just something I noticed

Attachments

Yeah I know the website is pretty clear mate for the PRNC.

But what I don't get is that the pre joining fitness test pass rate is 11.33 (as seen below) but the PRNC pass rate is 12.42 minuites.

So you can be slower at the PRNC than your fitness test And still pass?

Either way I should smash the run just something I noticed
Yeah I noticed this, I’m going by the paper work my CA has given me and aiming to be a minimum of 30 secs below my required time for PRNC and a whole minute for phase 1!!

the RNFT time for our age range is 11:33 but at the PRNC you get a little bit of lenience as the website says, but you should be smashing the 11 minute mark easily because once you get to Raleigh if you're not within time you start picking up warnings pretty quick and thats not something you want to do.

SOB94

Lantern Swinger
You get an extra 10% on the RNFT pass time, that being said if you use it they might pull you to one side (one guy on mine was) it will also be brought up on the 1 on 1 interview at the end of the course. For good measure make sure you can comfortably beat 11:32 and you'll be fine.

I’m an old man at 31 so get even longer, but as it’s best effort and not about cruising through, I still plan on being 30 secs quicker at PRNC at 60 secs at Raleigh!

Cheers for that guys. I have my PRNC on Feb 26th and then go to Raleigh mid March so I am going to knuckltle down even harder that I have been on my fitness.

The pass rate for the PRNC is 12.42 but trust me, if your aiming for this time rather than the 11.25, your name will be recorded and when you get to Raleigh the PTI will already be watching you. That is not the start you want!

The pass rate for the PRNC is 12.42 but trust me, if your aiming for this time rather than the 11.25, your name will be recorded and when you get to Raleigh the PTI will already be watching you. That is not the start you want!
It could be argued that it is exactly the start you want. Staff will be looking to see if an effort is being made to improve your performance. If you have already smashed out your best time where is the improvement going to come from?

It could be argued that it is exactly the start you want. Staff will be looking to see if an effort is being made to improve your performance. If you have already smashed out your best time where is the improvement going to come from?
That's not an argument you'd win. Not with the PT staff anyway...

When I attended AIB last year (at the tender age of 42), I managed 12:43 in the 2.4K run.
If I can do it....surely you people in your twenties can....?????!!

When I attended AIB last year (at the tender age of 42), I managed 12:43 in the 2.4K run.
If I can do it....surely you people in your twenties can....?????!!
I know plenty of 40+ individuals who compete and place well (often higher than the 20 year olds) in cross country races. I don't think age is anywhere near as big a factor as discipline and commitment.

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
I know plenty of 40+ individuals who compete and place well (often higher than the 20 year olds) in cross country races. I don't think age is anywhere near as big a factor as discipline and commitment.
I totally agree. Managed to do 10.10 before my rejoining medical in September. I've slacked off a bit waiting for re-entry but did 10.39 twice this week at an age closer to 50 than 40...

I don't quite get the issue with the youngsters worrying about the qualifying times, you need to be seriously uncommitted to be worrying about it.

I'm not worried at all. Just noticed the difference and wondered what it was all about.

Does anyone else have any interesting insight into the PRNC that they can share?