PRMC-DC?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Lost_Boy, Dec 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently failed the PRMC but have been invited back to Lympstone to take a 3 week PRMC Development Course.

Whilst I'm chuffed that I'm not having to wait 6 months to have another crack at getting in, I haven't heard anything about the PRMC-DC. I was wondering if anyone here could shed some light on what it is and what goes on?

Cheers.

2. You should be able to get all the info you need from either your AFCO or CTCRM. Was there not a contact given in your letter? Basically you join the RM for a 3 week period; i.e. you are a serving member of the RM & subject to military discipline, etc; and the course is design to work on the failings of the PRMC mainly physical I believe. If you are successful; at the end of the 3 weeks you join an incoming recruit Tp and sign on again as all the other guys. My understanding is that the course has been reasonably successful in achieving its aim of assisting those PRMC borderline fails.

IMD

3. Unfortunately the PRMC I failed was from the 18th to the 21st - when I got back on the 22nd and tried to contact my local AFCO they had closed for the Christmas season. Slightly irksome as they have yet to reopen. As such, beyond the brief overview given to me by the course Sergeant Major, I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone in the know.

Thanks for giving us a better of idea.