Private Pilot Licence

I was just wondering what the possibilities are for keeping my PPL valid while in the navy. I am going in as AC but would still like to keep my private flying up to date.

When i asked at the careers office i was told that there might be an opportunity but i was given a yes or no answer.

I think i read somewhere on here that ther are flying clubs at yeovilton and culdrose but would a rating be welcomed or is it purely for flying officers?

Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

:D

Webby said:
I was just wondering what the possibilities are for keeping my PPL valid while in the navy. I am going in as AC but would still like to keep my private flying up to date.

When i asked at the careers office i was told that there might be an opportunity but i was given a yes or no answer.

I think i read somewhere on here that ther are flying clubs at yeovilton and culdrose but would a rating be welcomed or is it purely for flying officers?

When I served some 17 years back.

PPL holders irrespective of rank/rate were allowed to fly in their off duty time.

Some trades/branches had to declare the fact as it used to be deemed a dangerous activity and needed to be taken into account.

I would consider pleaure flying to be less dangerous than free fall parachuting, but it's my humble view only. :D

Waspie said:
Webby said:

When I served some 17 years back.

PPL holders irrespective of rank/rate were allowed to fly in their off duty time.

Some trades/branches had to declare the fact as it used to be deemed a dangerous activity and needed to be taken into account.

I would consider pleaure flying to be less dangerous than free fall parachuting, but it's my humble view only. :D
I have a really burning desire recently to do that, I could think of nothing better than throwing myself out of a Plane, think i'm turning into an adrenalin junkie! :D

wannabefpilot87 said:
I have a really burning desire recently to do that, I could think of nothing better than throwing myself out of a Plane, think i'm turning into an adrenalin junkie! :D
I can recommend it, although I don't know why I pushed myself out, but landing, safely was an amazing feeling!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Miscellaneous 0
B The Fleet Air Arm 29
P The Fleet Air Arm 76