Private Pilot Licence

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Webby, May 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just wondering what the possibilities are for keeping my PPL valid while in the navy. I am going in as AC but would still like to keep my private flying up to date.

When i asked at the careers office i was told that there might be an opportunity but i was given a yes or no answer.

I think i read somewhere on here that ther are flying clubs at yeovilton and culdrose but would a rating be welcomed or is it purely for flying officers?

Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. When I served some 17 years back.

PPL holders irrespective of rank/rate were allowed to fly in their off duty time.

Some trades/branches had to declare the fact as it used to be deemed a dangerous activity and needed to be taken into account.

I would consider pleaure flying to be less dangerous than free fall parachuting, but it's my humble view only. :D
  3. I have a really burning desire recently to do that, I could think of nothing better than throwing myself out of a Plane, think i'm turning into an adrenalin junkie! :D
  4. I can recommend it, although I don't know why I pushed myself out, but landing, safely was an amazing feeling!