Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Priti patel Persecution

LifebuoyGhost

Lantern Swinger
C
There seems to be a history of Home Office senior staff not supporting female ministers, In another report by Alex Alan also states that Amber Rudd was not supported as she should have been prior to her leaving post as Home Sec.

IMHO Philp Rutnam's cards had been marked, he was for the push, so he pre-empted them with his attack on Patel, possible in the hope of getting a bigger payout from a tribunal (or offer of more shut up money) than he would have got from a forced resignation. I wonder how much the two that were thrown under the bus by him to try and protect his position got when they left the Home Office
couldn't have put it better myself - thoygh I did try on another thread that veered down this path ;)

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
The biggest problem with the CS now is that it has lost (perceived or actual) the impartiality it should have and of which we Brits were rightly proud. That started in the Blair era and subsequent governments have probably tried to do similar, although it is likely that this drift has been more to the left than right. Therefore there will likely be more resistance to determined Conservative approach where they are now failing in their duty to serve the incumbent government of the day, regardless of whether or not they agree with it. So it comes as no surprise that some of them have been getting less than complimentary treatment by their minister.

That doesn't excuse "bullying", nor does it condone it, but it can explain it.

Are you telling me that you just worked for the NUM?
That you were not a member of said union?
That you in reality were not dealing with miners who are the salt of the earth and really swear an awful lot more than Pritty ?
Let's face it the civil serpents have been wrecking the country for far too long. Many of them have already been promoted to positions above their levels of competence but instead of being dismissed as in normal company are usually sideways promoted.
If I thought for one second you were genuinely interested in the management of the very militant National Union of Mineworkers I would try and explain how it all worked. However, you come up with wild statements which indicate your mind is made up and closed to advice and knowledge, therefore I will call it a day.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
If I thought for one second you were genuinely interested in the management of the very militant National Union of Mineworkers I would try and explain how it all worked. However, you come up with wild statements which indicate your mind is made up and closed to advice and knowledge, therefore I will call it a day.
I do hope you’ll cope. Especially, without ‘little lord fontina’!
However, you must be nails, being from South Wales etc. Also, played rugby?? Hardcore. I bet you hate the English, don’t you?

slim

War Hero
I do hope you’ll cope. Especially, without ‘little lord fontina’!
However, you must be nails, being from South Wales etc. Also, played rugby?? Hardcore. I bet you hate the English, don’t you?
I think you have the South Wales people mixed up with those from North Wales.
North Wales the English who owned property dreaded the advert "come home to a real fire" as in some cases the Viet Taff burnt down their homes.
However I had a bungalow in South Wales and never encountered any nastiness at all. had a bit of banter from some of the locals but it was just that banter

I think you have the South Wales people mixed up with those from North Wales.
North Wales the English who owned property dreaded the advert "come home to a real fire" as in some cases the Viet Taff burnt down their homes.
However I had a bungalow in South Wales and never encountered any nastiness at all. had a bit of banter from some of the locals but it was just that banter

fishhead

War Hero
We haven't had a good flounce for ages. I like a good flounce.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Priti Patel to create police covenant to protect officers and staff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel approves new Taser model to protect officers and the public MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel thanks firefighters for tireless efforts during coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel to give public greater say over policing through PCC review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel takes action to implement Windrush recommendations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel proscribes right-wing terrorist group MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel and new French Interior Minister agree action on Channel crossings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel to tackle violence and abuse against shopworkers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel appointed Home Secretary MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Priti Patel honours our Armed Forces on Armistice Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hemant Patel appointed as Non-Executive Board Member to DCMS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Hemant Patel extended as Trustee and Interim Chair of the Royal Armouries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Addressing the Syrian government's persecution of its own people MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Persecution of Christians review: Foreign Secretary’s speech following the final report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Review into Christian persecution catalyst for action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Launch of review into persecution of Christians: Foreign Secretary’s speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary's Easter Sunday op-ed on Christian persecution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Foreign Secretary speech on Christian persecution around the world MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe calls for investigation into persecution of LGBT community in Chechnya MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary announces global review into persecution of Christians MoD News 0