Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Priti patel Persecution

slim

War Hero
I'd be interested to know where she said she tried this approach first.
I'd be more interested to know why the serpents would not do as the minister instructed them to do.
She has been elected, they are in positions which they can advise the minister but should not obstruct or disobey.
If it had been a matelot in the ministers position then they would have had something to mank about

D

Deleted 103788

The bit that says :-

"My advice is that the home secretary has not consistently met the high standards required by the Ministerial Code of treating her civil servants with consideration and respect.
Her approach on occasions has amounted to behaviour that can be described as bullying in terms of the impact felt by individuals.
To that extent her behaviour has been in breach of the Ministerial Code, even if unintentionally."

You really think that is effective leadership?
Misogynist Racist Crabfat methinks?? Retired or retarded??

The quoted report also states that the Civil Serpents were not co-operating with the Home Secretary and you can only bang your head against the wall so many times before the relief mechanism kicks in. What form that reaction takes is down to the individual's temperament and Ms Patel's medium is the raised voice expletive riddled rant. Her staff then leapt into action but not to do the work they had been asked(politely in the first instance) to try and get her removed in the hope that any replacement would be of a calmer disposition.
No one emerges from this with much dignity but it does expose the problems democratically elected people have dealing with an institution that is averse to any kind of change called the Civil Service.

Misogynist Racist Crabfat methinks?? Retired or retarded??
I suggest you calm down a bit. I am a retired Civil Engineer. I am on here because my 16 year old son has applied for AET, I have not done military service. He is a good willing lad but If he encounters some idiot constantly ranting and raving with no sensible explanation or good reason I will suggest he moves elsewhere.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
I suggest you calm down a bit. I am a retired Civil Engineer. I am on here because my 16 year old son has applied for AET, I have not done military service. He is a good willing lad but If he encounters some idiot constantly ranting and raving with no sensible explanation or good reason I will suggest he moves elsewhere.
You tell him!!

slim

War Hero
If he is a snowflake like you then may I suggest he joins either the brownies or the R.A.F..
Forget that got to be the RAF the brownies would be far too tough for him

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
He will, no doubt, be shouted at whilst in service, and maybe without a ready explanation. The Armed Forces tend to work in high stress situations and every time you're ordered to do something is not necessarily a situation where the reason can be patiently explained.

Non compliance of such order will be followed up by shouting, which can include expletives, the level of which is situation severity dependent.

taffscrivs

War Hero
It was high time someone had the guts to drive the boot into the Civil Service. Succesive governments be they Tory or Labour seem to have good ideas and progress barred at every turn by these pompous old guard members of some sort of elitist club. A good shake up was long overdue and if a few bouts of shouting and swearing woke things up then it's a good thing. Time will tell if Priti Patel was right, or even the the right person to do it, but I'll bet there's a good few serpents working more efficiently now.

Chris P

War Hero
Calm down Dad, it's his life he needs to learn about life in the University of Life, how else will he form his own opinions, believe me the mob is as good a place as any to begin the learning process, it's a real eye opener when you come outside and have to deal with some of the oxygen thieves in civvy st.:rolleyes:

If he is a snowflake like you then may I suggest he joins either the brownies or the R.A.F..
Forget that got to be the RAF the brownies would be far too tough for him
I'm a snowfllake with 16 years in the mining industry managing the NUM. Played rugby in South Wales for nearly 30 years. Yeh, never been shouted at or shouted myself, obviously, no slings or arrows. Very cheap shot at my son there. I am sure he will cope very well with people yelling at him in the forces, the nature of the job makes it appropriate. If he was joining the civil service I doubt he would encounter it very often, and that is because it is entirely inappropriate in that setting. He will hopefully grow up with values that know when you shout and when you explain. Trying to make out the job of a senior civil servant carries the degree of risk a serviceperson could meet just shows some on here could learn a bit about general life. It is noticeable that at no point has the Home Sec tried to explain the process she went through, just seems to have started shouting and swearing from the off.

I'm a snowfllake with 16 years in the mining industry managing the NUM. Played rugby in South Wales for nearly 30 years. Yeh, never been shouted at or shouted myself, obviously, no slings or arrows. Very cheap shot at my son there. I am sure he will cope very well with people yelling at him in the forces, the nature of the job makes it appropriate. If he was joining the civil service I doubt he would encounter it very often, and that is because it is entirely inappropriate in that setting. He will hopefully grow up with values that know when you shout and when you explain. Trying to make out the job of a senior civil servant carries the degree of risk a serviceperson could meet just shows some on here could learn a bit about general life. It is noticeable that at no point has the Home Sec tried to explain the process she went through, just seems to have started shouting and swearing from the off.

Everyone seems to forget that she has done this before, she also made some bad mistakes in her last job. These tory governments seem to be unable to have a good Home Sec.

Chris P

War Hero
I think if he jioned the civil service he might have to learn how to watch his back too :rolleyes:.

My impression is that many very jealously guard their own bit of turf and don't want any waves making which might upset the equilibrium..(big word for saturday that!)

slim

War Hero

Not a cheap shot at your son the remark was really aimed at you.
Then you put me in the picture
A manager in the miners Union :)
A Leftie, with a god name of Scargill
You will have nothing to say good about any Tory government.
Suppose you think Corbyn wads a wonderful leader

I think if he jioned the civil service he might have to learn how to watch his back too :rolleyes:.

My impression is that many very jealously guard their own bit of turf and don't want any waves making which might upset the equilibrium..(big word for saturday that!)
He has no intention of that sort of career and is very keen to get through to HMS RAleigh and give it his best shot, including the shouting, swearing and all that goes with it. I would like to think that as he matures and maybe moves up the ladder a bit he has more to his character than the ability to shout and swear. I am sure the Navy will provide this judging from the people I have met in person who have served or are serving.

Not a cheap shot at your son the remark was really aimed at you.
Then you put me in the picture
A manager in the miners Union :)
A Leftie, with a god name of Scargill
You will have nothing to say good about any Tory government.
Suppose you think Corbyn wads a wonderful leader
Managers were not in the NUM. We managed people who were in the various branches of the NUM. Shouting and swearing could well be the starting point of discussions but nothing was achieved until people calmed down and talked things through. The rest of what you've written is very wide of reality.

mikh

MIA
There seems to be a history of Home Office senior staff not supporting female ministers, In another report by Alex Alan also states that Amber Rudd was not supported as she should have been prior to her leaving post as Home Sec.

IMHO Philp Rutnam's cards had been marked, he was for the push, so he pre-empted them with his attack on Patel, possible in the hope of getting a bigger payout from a tribunal (or offer of more shut up money) than he would have got from a forced resignation. I wonder how much the two that were thrown under the bus by him to try and protect his position got when they left the Home Office

slim

War Hero
Managers were not in the NUM. We managed people who were in the various branches of the NUM. Shouting and swearing could well be the starting point of discussions but nothing was achieved until people calmed down and talked things through. The rest of what you've written is very wide of reality.
Are you telling me that you just worked for the NUM?
That you were not a member of said union?
That you in reality were not dealing with miners who are the salt of the earth and really swear an awful lot more than Pritty ?
Let's face it the civil serpents have been wrecking the country for far too long. Many of them have already been promoted to positions above their levels of competence but instead of being dismissed as in normal company are usually sideways promoted.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Priti Patel to create police covenant to protect officers and staff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel approves new Taser model to protect officers and the public MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel thanks firefighters for tireless efforts during coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel to give public greater say over policing through PCC review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel takes action to implement Windrush recommendations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel proscribes right-wing terrorist group MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel and new French Interior Minister agree action on Channel crossings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel to tackle violence and abuse against shopworkers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel appointed Home Secretary MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Priti Patel honours our Armed Forces on Armistice Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hemant Patel appointed as Non-Executive Board Member to DCMS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Hemant Patel extended as Trustee and Interim Chair of the Royal Armouries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Addressing the Syrian government's persecution of its own people MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Persecution of Christians review: Foreign Secretary’s speech following the final report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Review into Christian persecution catalyst for action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Launch of review into persecution of Christians: Foreign Secretary’s speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary's Easter Sunday op-ed on Christian persecution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Foreign Secretary speech on Christian persecution around the world MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe calls for investigation into persecution of LGBT community in Chechnya MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary announces global review into persecution of Christians MoD News 0