Prison overcrowding should we:

• Build more prisons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

slim

War Hero
Re: Prisons too full? release prisoners or build more prison

dt018a9667 said:
For the little thugs. I say bring back corporal punishment in front of their own peers (the thought of crying in front of their mates would be mortifying for them). Bet the little buggers would soon get the message.
Fully agree with this one. When I was in Scotland in the 60s some Glaswegian yobs decided to cause rouble on the Isle of Man. The Isle of Man at the time still carried out Birching. It was reported at the time that during the birching these hard men of Glasgow were heard crying for their mothers. When asked by a reporter about the punishment they replied that they would not be retuning to the Island ever again.
BRING BACK THE BIRCH

slim said:
dt018a9667 said:
For the little thugs. I say bring back corporal punishment in front of their own peers (the thought of crying in front of their mates would be mortifying for them). Bet the little buggers would soon get the message.
Fully agree with this one. When I was in Scotland in the 60s some Glaswegian yobs decided to cause rouble on the Isle of Man. The Isle of Man at the time still carried out Birching. It was reported at the time that during the birching these hard men of Glasgow were heard crying for their mothers. When asked by a reporter about the punishment they replied that they would not be retuning to the Island ever again.
BRING BACK THE BIRCH
Although I have no real personal dislike for corporal punishment I fear that the chances of it's re-introduction is pretty much zero, even without the human rights legislation. We perhaps would be better considering options which have some chance of adoption.

Peter

dt018a9667

War Hero

Perhaps reopen the dreaded `G Spot`. That would soon sort the little buggers out, six months of that place and I don’t think they would be asking for more!

Dabs

Lantern Swinger

slim said:
The government are always harping on about the prisons being too full.
They then expect us to greet with open arms the decision to release prisoners early.
This from the government who promised us law & order .............
Oh, come on man. The only reason that the government is in power is because a lot of fcukwits put them there.

If you don't like Government policy you can always vote them out. Failing that, how about a coup, that's like a messdeck rebellion, which used to be punishible by hanging. However, these days I understand that you will get stoppage of beer.

Did you know that the old DQ's is now the Royal Marine Bands music hall? Before you know it, Wormwood scrubs will be housing illegals until they get enough dole money to buy their own homes and the indigenous species will have to find homes elsewhere, like in Romania or something. :x

Get them out on work details; all WXs. Road building/repairing, dry stone walling, hedge laying, ditch clearing. All the things that are part of the fabric of our country but are too expensive or too unfashionable to do anymore. Cool Hand Luke's a good training film.