Prince Philip

buffersduffer

Lantern Swinger
Very impressed with all - especially the bootnecks carrying the (lead lined coffin

Held it together until the piper and last post :(
All 3 services did him proud today even the crabs, I fully agree those booties did a brilliant job though and I hope someone cracks a bottle open for them, the least they deserve

4F03B5EC-4B4C-4259-A560-AB480955A65E.jpeg

Tis was all well done I thought, given constraints of covid. Big BZ to organisers....Phil the Greek would have been proud!
Seeing Her Majesty sitting alone in the chapel, head bowed....such a seemingly frail and lonely figure, was the lump in the throat moment for me...bless her.

Last edited:

Chris P

War Hero
I'm not a religeous person, but the service I felt was all the more poignant, memorable and outstanding for it's simplicity without all the pomp, ceremony and dignitaries.

I echo superpom's comments regarding the queen, yes god bless her.

Seadog

War Hero
Lest anyone was wondering, the RFA was represented at the ceremony by a detachment of one Officer (2/O) one CPO, one PO and one JR.

Sumo

War Hero
Lest anyone was wondering, the RFA was represented at the ceremony by a detachment of one Officer (2/O) one CPO, one PO and one JR.
Saw them, wife ask who they represented.

I see Philip trusted the Army and Navy (Marines) to carry him, what a massive effort from the Marines.
How many time did the thought, don't fcuk up, don't trip, go through their heads? BZ