Prince Edward ...

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by whitemouse, Nov 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I couldn't decide on whether to put this in CA, Lil's or the Barge, so here goes:

Prince Edward will be at the Remebrance Day commemoration as Honorary Colonel for the Royal Wessex Yeomanry ?!

Obviously he still has a penchant for uniforms, but not the will to go through training to qaulify for the right to wear one with pride.

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Perhaps they'll give him a plastic sword to use.
  3. Father can I be a Colonel. Sure my son pick a name out of the hat.

The Daily Star reports "He's orf his Ed", saying: "Business flop Prince Edward came under attack last night for blaming his failure on jealous Brits."

and had never made a profit or paid tax. The results took its accumulated losses to £1.7 million.

I remember tantrum time on that knockout thing he did. Spoilt brat!!
  4. Shouldn't that be a pork sword given that it's Edward we are talking about..... :lol: :thumright:
  5. wet_blobby

Can anyone actually say what use the man is? He's as much use to this country as tits on fish. Why he still wants to play soldiers after his fiasco in the Corps is beyond me.
  6. This man is part of the hard working Royal Family.
    He works tirelessly for umpteen charities, in an unselfish manner and with no concern for his own engrandisemt. :bball:
  7. lets not tar all the members of the Royal Family with the same brush!!! HM hasnt done anything wrong, except have a family.
  8. wet_blobby

....and I'm a fcuking hippy..... :rofl:
  9. That's as may be - but this site and particularly the arrse site are forever shouting 'walt' at people who dress in uniforms, wear medals etc (probably some of them also work for charities and/or unselfishly ... ??)

Does it make a difference that he is of the Royal Family ? I don't think so - all his brothers, and two of his nephews, all managed to stay the course.
  10. If he is allowed to wear the uniform then hes not a walt, surely?

11. A few shifts at the coal face that is tiring not poncing about opening supermarkets and visiting old folks homes.
  12. Basically it is not his fault that he was unable to complete Royal marine training. After all the advert does state 99.9% need not apply. Perhaps he thought that it would be easy because he at least owned part of the name i.e. Royal.
    however in retrospect most of the UK probably see him more of a Gay Hussar
  13. Its not the fact that he couldnt complete training Slim - as you said the advert does say 99.9% need not apply and anyone who has the bottle to even try deserves some respect, its the fact that he wasnt man enough to step up and say: "This isnt for me, I dont want this anymore" or "I cant handle this anymore". Instead his Royal Bodyguards whisked him out of the camp during the night.

Gay Hussar seems much more appropriate :thumright:

I love that quote though: You can turn a frog into a Prince, but you cant turn a Prince into a Marine!! Classic!!
  14. And I was fcuking joking of course..
    Illyich Ulyanov
  15. If I remember correctly, he intended to follow tradition and join the Navy but had the revolutionary idea that perhaps it should be the Marines. A very commendable sentiment but he must have known how physically and mentally demanding that would be?

There were only ever going to be 2 possible outcomes; he'd pass the Course or fail it. Surely there can be no shame in failing the Course? The shame appears to stem from him throwing the towel in and excusing himself. Why did he do that? Was it LMF? Had he continued and been found short of the mark, would that have placed an impossible burden on the Centre staff who would have to chop him? There are so many things we don't know. I wonder how many non Infantry Colonels could/would have passed the Course in their prime?
  16. Got a couple of bites then, didn't you, you little tinker -.... :thumright:
  17. The CTC Training Teams had him marked as a no-hoper very early on. Unfortunately senior RM officers who should have known better disregarded the advice of the Training Teams and tried to keep him in My Beloved Corps. Bear in mind that having a Royal Prince in the Corps was seen by the shiney arses as a definite asset. However he was very good at Escape and Evasion and would have won top marks for that if anyone had thought to look in a London pub called The Gay Hussar instead of his place of duty :thumright:

At least James Hewitt's Little Prince has proved to be made of sterner stuff. Two Harriers shot down on a single Sandringham sortie is pretty good going. :bball:

18. wet_blobby

I know you were......
    Iva droppabollacka :dwarf:
  19. Don't know about Anne (but as she was Cdt WRNS - does it count ?), but Charlie qualified in all three services I believe. ?

I was Capt of the Heads a few times, can I wear four stripes ?

20. Earl Harald Godwine must be rolling in his grave on his headland guarding the English Sea.