Prince Doffs cap to Navy Seniors

...Chief Petty Officer Stephen Irvine, 43, was one of 22 officers presented with a gold pin by the Prince, in recognition of his 28 patrols of duty across more than eight years under the sea. He said: "Prince William asked me how long I'd been at sea and whether I'd enjoyed it. I was fairly honest with him and told him there are ups and downs, but on the whole I've enjoyed it...
I know it wasn't what CPO Irvine meant but his remark reminds me of the old saying about a successful flying career being one where the number of landings equals the number of take-offs.

Naval_Gazer said:
...Chief Petty Officer Stephen Irvine, 43, was one of 22 officers presented with a gold pin by the Prince, in recognition of his 28 patrols of duty across more than eight years under the sea. He said: "Prince William asked me how long I'd been at sea and whether I'd enjoyed it. I was fairly honest with him and told him there are ups and downs, but on the whole I've enjoyed it...
I know it wasn't what CPO Irvine meant but his remark reminds me of the old saying about a successful flying career being one where the number of landings equals the number of take-offs.
Where the number of landings equals the number of take offs and no ambulance involved. 8)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RNFLUNKY The Quarterdeck 46
Chalky Submariners 5
J History 8