Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Prezzer

Mind you English MPs did just that for the best part of 300 years and when the Scots complained for most of that time they were told to shut up and be good boys. Now I don't really care whether they change the system or not, but it is not the Scots fault that the system exists, and the English have all the ability to change it if they so wish, so don't blame us.

As I said Peter, I meant no disrespect, and I am certainly not blaming the Scottish people, what happened previously,happened before you had a parliament. now that you have one, it can't be right that your MPs vote on issues that affect me and my tax burden in my country.
Yes we have the ability to change it, And nobody here is blaming the Scots.
The blame lies with this sleeze ridden Nulabour, who BTW, got in with about 24% of the popular vote, but thats another story.

As for Tony Benn and Tam D. although I am diametrically opposed to most of their views, I respect them for their principles. Something that is sadly lacking in todays pollies.
RoofRat

The thingy in Westminster is the UK Parliament and as constituted all MPs have the right and some might say duty to take part in and vote on all business. So it is right that Scots MPs vote on any business. I can understand when legislation is passed which applies soley toEngland with Scots lobby fodder that those opposed to that legislation object, mind you those in favour probably think it is a good thing.

Peter

Well hes done it, hes left Dorneywood, been hounded out by the press for playing crochet ? on the lawn, whatever is this country coming to?What next? resignation?Its a poor reflection when one gets hounded out for playing crochet on a bit of free grass,the nation is in freefall.

In my opinion considering what he said about Tory ministers who got caught with their pants down in the wrong places he is not fit to hold office never mind a croquet lawn. The problem is of course that as TB is so far in hock to him that Tony cannot afford to sack himwithout signing his own resigantion letter.

Peter

higthepig said:
Well hes done it, hes left Dorneywood, been hounded out by the press for playing crochet ? on the lawn, whatever is this country coming to?What next? resignation?Its a poor reflection when one gets hounded out for playing crochet on a bit of free grass,the nation is in freefall.

Can't agree that he's been 'hounded out' for playing croquet on the lawn by the press.
It's more that it is the party members that have been doing the whispering / whining about what he is (or supposed to have been) doing - which isn't running the country.
At least the media were open about it, unlike his 'colleagues' in government.
And this is a man who despises the so called upper classes, and who promises to do an 18 hour a day job -what job?
Hmmmm :?

Glad to see him go,,,

He has abused his position from the start,,,, Two Jags,,Smacked a guy in the face,,, minger for a wife,,,, cheated on his wife,,,,lied to the nation,,,

New labour? Yeah, certainly different from the last load of *********!

Keep them toppling and soon they will all be gone,,, not saying that the alternative will be much better,,, but President Blair is on borrowed time!!

Latest Threads