'Previous Service' - Pension

lamrtn

Midshipman
I anticipate entering the RN for the second time in January 2010. I first entered in May 2002 and PVRed after 6 weeks. I understand that 6 weeks is not deemed reckonable service, but will it contribute to or affect my pension/benefits package on re-entering?

:thanks:

I'm sure Minja or Supermario will be alone soon to give you the relevant information.

I'm not sure what benefits packages you are talking about lol

lamrtn said:
I anticipate entering the RN for the second time in January 2010. I first entered in May 2002 and PVRed after 6 weeks. I understand that 6 weeks is not deemed reckonable service, but will it contribute to or affect my pension/benefits package on re-entering?

:thanks:
Yep on current values it will contribute £0.65 to you pension pot.

6 weeks that really shows staying power Good luck this time round you may actually be in long enough to have visit the heads and have a poo!!!!! :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

lamrtn

Midshipman
PINCH said:
Yep on current values it will contribute £0.65 to you pension pot.
I was more referring to the scheme: on my first entry to the RN, I will have joined the AFPS 75 scheme. I wonder if entering the AFPS 75 scheme previously will affect me on re-entry.

PINCH said:
6 weeks that really shows staying power...
Circumstances were what they were; my ability to prioritise was in its infancy. More of a concern to me is potentially missing a second World Cup.