Previous history of Migraines- no chance of aircrew?

I'm interested in joining the RN as a pilot but have a history of migraines as a child (haven't had one for 12 years). Does this rule me out of aircrew selection or has anyone in a similar situation been successful. They allow those with a history of asthma join if they've been clear for years, is it the same for migraines?

Thanks in advance.

I understand that but its something I've grown out of. The army will allow you to lead 30 guys on operations under testing and stressful conditions with a history of migraines, as long as the problem has gone and isn't current. This seems like a sensible and logical approach, does the RN share this view point? So has anyone been in a similar situation to myself and passed?

Thanks again

r620521 said:
I understand that but its something I've grown out of. The army will allow you to lead 30 guys on operations under testing and stressful conditions with a history of migraines,

Thanks again
Can't think of many Pongo's leading 30 men at the controls of a chopper or fast jet.

As ex aircrew, I wouldn't want to fly with you. Bad enough when 100% fit and healthy.

Anyway, ask a aviation qualified doctor who will give you a correct prognosis of your flying career.

Dicky said:
One thing's for certain mate, if you get a migraine whilst flying a plane, helo etc, god help you and your crew....
You get a migraine in a Mk4 mate and you'll be told to "stop drippin'.....Sir"