Prevent the "Artistic" Death of an Innocent Animal...

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by sgtpepperband, Apr 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

In 2007, the 'artist' Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, took a dog from the street, tied him to a rope in an art gallery and began starving him to death.

For several days, the 'artist' and the visitors of the exhibition watched, emotionless, the shameful 'masterpiece' based on the dog's agony, until eventually he died.

Does THIS sound like art to you?

[​IMG]

But this is not all... the prestigious Visual Arts Biennial of Central America decided that the 'installation' WAS actually art, so Guillermo Vargas Habacuc has been invited to repeat his cruel action for the Biennial of 2008.

Let's STOP HIM!!!!

For those on Facebook:

Prevent the "Artistic" Death of an Innocent Animal - SIGN THE PETITION!

Everyone else:

Boycott to the presence of Guillermo Vargas "Habacuc" at the Bienal Centroamericana Honduras 2008

2. Perhaps it would be more fitting to tie an artist up and starve them to death. The name Guillermo Vargas Habacuc comes to mind.
    However I think it is about time that some of these art forms and artists are seen for what they are. pure unadulterated crap!

3. Petition Signed.
    Effing disgusting.

4. The Juans and Miguels of this world don't care about the animals that we cherish in this country due to their religion/culture. :threaten:

Does anyone else like watching clips of Matadors getting carried around an arena by a bull's horns? :w00t:

5. This makes me sick. And yes, there is something satisfying about seeing matadors gored by the bull.

Petition signed.

6. Signed and notified to another Forum. Words fail me. What does Dago Central export that I can stop buying?

7. Signed with absolute disgust for the "Artist???"
    One of the reasons we never moved down to Spain was the way the Spaniards like to play with their food before they eat it.
    RoofRat

8. Double bubble,sorry

9. “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.. I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man"
    -- Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)

Signed.

10. Duly signed!

11. Done.

Sig 689326:

"Words fail me. If you're trying to make some peurile or pseudo-scientific point about the anthropomorphisation of human-animal interaction or human-animal realtionships then you are even more wicked than I thought. Your behaviour is both inhumane and inhuman. Shame on you."

I would gladly kill the cnut.

12. Signed it. That is, what can only be considered as sick. How on earth is that art?!

13. Just thought I'd pop over from Arrse to restore normal levels of outrage to the Internet.
    The starving dog was a hoax. Habacuc had a stray dog tied up for three hours, outside of those three hours the dog was fed and watered.

Hopefully normal levels of being slightly miffed can be resumed. I shall now return to such intellectual pursuits as looking at Hermione's furry bits.

14. Signed a while back.

I think it would be a race H to see who could terminate that scumbag. I know piss artists with more humanity than that shite.

Just been watching the bull fights on youtube.

I like it when the bull wins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9x3c9Q77fo

What did they say many moons ago?? Always expect the unexpected!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzJ8xC6d3es

15. I'm afraid Ottar is right. Story sounded too cruel to be true so checked it out on http://www.snopes.com/

Don't know why cnuts do this. Try to appeal to our basic human emotions but why? Just to say they managed to trick someone? B4stards.

16. But what about the bullfights they are real!!!!

17. Nah! Remote control animatrons and very realistic holograms! Get with program, Backpacker, this is the 21st century.

18. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Story exposed as a hoax (thanks ottar) and yet backpacker remains outraged. Why?

One of the problems with the internet is that lies are all the way around the world before truth has its socks on, never mind its boots. The petition will probably be used as art, Red Mist Decends on Internet Warriors over ...................Nothing.

Gash Barge (where it should have started, if at all)

19. I have just signed the petition then read the rest of the post feel a bitstupid now bugger :dontknow: