Preserved Pension

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by RINGO, Jul 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Clearing up after the flood.

Ditching some stuff, found my release documents, including the award of a Preserved Pension.

My question is this, I want to notify records, or whoever, of a change of address, is it still Centurion or has it all moved?

Anybody help?
  2. Ring the number you have, if it`s changed they will tell you.
  3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Try the free phone number at the Veterans Agency, they will be able to help or point you in the right direction:

Now just promise us you'll live to the ripe old age of 132 just to see them off :thumright:
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Try: 02392 722351 (MOD exchange)

Ask for JPA Helpline (Office hours), once through ask for pensions.
    You will either get JPA Centurion or JPA Glasgow, it doesn't really matter which.

They are usually quite good.

If you're suffering as a result of the floods, get in touch with SSAFA if you need assistance, don't be too proud to at least enquire if they can help.
  5. May I suggest that there is no such thing as the JPA Help desk, more like the JPA Bloody Unhelpful, I can't put you through desk.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yes you may.

It's all down to telephone manner.

If you tell them you know where they live, in a funny accent, I've always found they go out of their way to help.
  7. No need to notify them of a change of address until you actually draw the pension, as you have to apply for it once you hit 60 (or are unable to work further through disability etc).