Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preparing for the RT test ..

gizmo_10

Hi,

Have just taken and failed the RT test on numeracy, verbal reasoning and english although I have decent GCSE grades in these areas. So this failure came as a bit of a shock :roll:

The AFCO have told me to disappear and return in 12 months time but I can take the test in 6 months if I do Key Skills with Learn Direct.

Three questions :

1) Does anyone know of good preparatory books or books containing the sort of problems you get in the RT test ?

2) What is the approximate pass mark for Weapons Engineering trades ?

3) Do people on here think that the Forces may be reducing their intake
due to the severe budget problems the MOD are facing ?

Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated :lol:

burnsy85

Lantern Swinger
i think the pass for weapons engineering is 67, ninja put a link sum where in newbies section with the navy guide book in it that will tell you.

Hi gizmo_10,
I found these two books helpful, the first one gives you a heads up on timing the tests you do and are Navy RT specific and the second one was really just to widen my knowledge of RT tests.
Both books are available from amazon

1. Succeed at Psychometric Testing - Practice Tests For The Armed Forces Entry Level by Bernice Walmsley ISBN: 978-0-340-92655-0

2. Ultimate Psychometric Tests Mike Bryon ISBN: 978-0-7494-5308-4

Hope this helps :)

luke_manic

Midshipman
as mentioned above by mandon this book is brill. i practised this book for a month prior to taking the test and scored well above average for AET. i would strongly recomend this and another phycometric book to practise with.

www.amazon.co.uk/Practice-Tests-Arm...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263676575&sr=1-1

Liam_

Midshipman
I've got my test on next Tuesday,

what's the delivery times like on Amazon? Never used them before.

Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
joeG need help with preparing for flying aptitude test for AIRCREWMAN position The Fleet Air Arm 2
2 A good website for those of you preparing for the psychometric test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS Preparing to Pay MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Preparing for elections and addressing root causes of conflict in West Africa MoD News 0
J Preparing for HMS Raleigh at 16 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
MoD_RSS Preparing for elections in Guinea Bissau MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Transitioning security responsibilities and preparing for equal elections in Somalia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Education Secretary meets competitors preparing for WorldSkills MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Home Secretary visits police centres preparing for EU exit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Preparing for EU exit - BEIS update MoD News 0
D Preparing to join Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS News story: Shoes to seamines - 20,000 items recovered preparing for carriers’ new home MoD News 2
MoD_RSS News story: ACCEA issues advice on preparing applications for 2013 awards MoD News 0
trelawney126 Preparing for Afghanistan cash crop Current Affairs 6
B Preparing for battle! Petitions 8
BFRS PTLLS Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
C Preparing for entry as CT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
N preparing new entry?? Health & Fitness 8
soleil HMS Raleigh Field Gun Crew preparing for Competition Sports and Adventure Training 3
Maxi_77 Is Israel preparing for another dust up in Lebanon Current Affairs 19
carter88 Preparing for raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 39
slim Preparing to Become a Civie Diamond Lil's 9
V Preparing for the AIB - Tips? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
MoD_RSS NHS Test and Trace statistics for 8 October to 14 October MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NIBSC selected by CEPI to test coronavirus vaccines globally MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS Test and Trace statistics for 1 October to 7 October MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 500 test sites now open as new lab partnerships boost capacity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government invests in UK-developed antibody tests from UK Rapid Test Consortium MoD News 0
P Sit up/ press up test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
T Changing Role after fitness test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS Guidance to parents and guardians: when you should book a coronavirus test for your child MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Lighthouse Labs to boost NHS Test and Trace capacity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Theory test changes: 28 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS Test and Trace statistics for 27 August to 2 September released MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Lighthouse Lab to boost NHS Test and Trace capacity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from PHE and NHS Test and Trace to school and college leaders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £500 million funding for quick result COVID-19 test trials MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS Test and Trace successfully reaches almost 300,000 people MoD News 0
D British Nuclear Test Veterans The Gash Barge 16
MoD_RSS New guidance for British Nuclear Test Veterans MoD News 4
T Fitness Test Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS DVSA response to problems with driving test booking service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS Test and Trace successfully reaches over 80% of close contacts since launch MoD News 0
W Pre Joining Fitness Test Advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Armoured vehicles to test electric technology MoD News 0
chorzxx Pre-joining fitness test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Test and Trace service reaches more than 250,000 people since launch MoD News 0
M Fitness test Joining the Royal Navy 12
MoD_RSS NHS Test and Trace service to strengthen regional contact tracing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update on Randox test kits MoD News 0