Preparation

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mclark84, May 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Apart from learning to wash and iron clothes and getting fitter is there anything else you can do to prepare for training at HMS Raleigh? Is there any reading you can do for the exams that take place etc?

Would appreciate any advice. I figured if I have a long time to wait I may as well prepare for it.

Thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

One of the best ways to prepare is to attend a Ratings Preparation Course.

3. Learn how to fold shirts, towels A4. Try bull some boots/ shoes up.

4. ask your CA for a RPC at the Royal Navy Acquaint Centre, i went on one, you do your fitness, then you do the english and maths exam on the computer i cant remeber what its called basic something in think. (that exam is like the one you do at raleigh) also you march everywhere so they teach you do some bits of drill etc. also swimming, and team building activities so they look at your personality, we did a circle time sorta thing getting to know each other. we also did other team work activities and a quiz etc. you also learn how to make a bed properly (hospital corners etc) an then as said before bulling boots etc and they teach you how to iron and fold the uniform.
    i hope that kinda helps it might not make alot of sense :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011
  5. Be on time everywhere - by that I mean at least five minutes early for everything. Never be late!
    Keep yourself and your personal space clean.