Pregnant woman uses train toilet and baby slips out

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, Feb 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pregnant woman uses train toilet and baby slips out
    Reuters - Thursday, February 28 08:35 amAHMEDABAD, India (Reuters) - A newborn baby girl survived an ignoble birth after slipping down the toilet bowl of a moving Indian train onto the tracks when a pregnant woman unexpectedly gave birth while relieving herself on Tuesday.

(Advertisement)
    "My delivery was so sudden," said the Bhuri Kalbi, the mother of the infant, born two months prematurely. "I did not even realise that my child had slipped from the hole in the toilet."

Kalbi, a 33-year-old woman from a village in Rajasthan, fainted on the toilet seat after the birth for a few minutes before waking up and alerting her family.

"They stopped the train and ran on the tracks to find the baby," she said, speaking from her hospital bed in the western city of Ahmedabad.

Railway staff at a nearby station were alerted and soon found the newborn girl lying uninjured on pebbles by the track. She is now in intensive care because of her premature birth, doctors said.

Most toilets on Indian trains are filthy chutes emptying directly onto the tracks.

(Reporting by Rupam Jain Nair; Editing by Jonathan Allen and Sugita Katyal)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080228/tod-uk-india-toilet-b7e5c6f.html

2. Perhaps she'll be given the name Boggi? ;)

3. P!ssed myself birthing !! Stop being so childish :thumright: :thumright:

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Fcuk.....I thought you were a fella...... o_O

5. Must of had a hell of a long umbilical cord. Guiness book of records should be notified.

6. Wonder how many bounces the baby did on his bungie cord? That must have been a bit hellish!

For real though, a baby in the loo is not as "uncommon" per se, but in an indian train - not the worlds most hygienic birth!
    I trust she and baby are ok though.

As for biths; Mums used to have an enema (makes you crap quick) years ago so that eased the birth (as was the reason), these days the enema is not often used to 'aid' delivery. But women peeing during birth is quite often occuring. My wife said giving birth was like trying to push out a watermelon! Enjoy the experience guys when it comes - but the baby does grow fast into a toddler so enjoy it while you can!

Rant over - .... TAXI!!!

7. Lucky the little person was not hurt.

There were seven suicides in the FGW area on Monday - 4 in the Bristol area, one at St Denys, one at Southbourne and a biggie at Hilsea.

Black Monday, accordingly to train drivers, the day when a lot of credit card bills come out after Xmas.

8. Who cares? Babies are 10 a penny in India any way.

IDOITDEEPER

9. Well if children will buy their OD parents adults' train sets, what do they expect? Did Possy like the one you bought him for Christmas... Network Rail I think the train set's called! ;) :biggrin: