Pregnant - need advice

Hi

Hoping for some advice. I am 36 and pregnant by a petty officer in RN after a fling. As far as I know he is single but as he was away from home - who knows. I have advised him and he has not returned my messages. I plan to have the child but know very little about him. I know name, age, where he is currently posted, rank but I don't have his address etc which I need for child maintenance and communication. I've googled and there doesn't seem to be any help for ladies in my position. This is a genuine accident but we both made the baby and both need to take responsibility. What should I do? Are there any services offered by Navy welfare to assist?

Be kind with your responses - we are all human and have all made mistakes!

Last edited:

repoman

War Hero
Have you had DNA test??? I was once accused of being the father after a wayward bonk. Unfortunately..for her... I had become sterile some 6 years before. Make sure before you accuse.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
From an employer's perspective, data protection and personal security prevent disclosure of personal details unfortunately but as stated above it looks more like a legal issue rather than an employment issue.

If the chap worked in Tescos, I doubt it would be any different.

Either way, best of luck and let's hope the support you and your child require are provided without unnecessary angst.