PRE Royal Navy Course (PRNC)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ibroxontour, Apr 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering if any has recently or have taken the Pre Royal Navy Course and if they could tell me how hard it is to pass?

2. Its easy run 2.4km in 12:20 swim 50 meters in 4 mins tread water for 2 mins or so then jump off the diving board that is only the main things you can fail on but you will fail if you just mong out.

3. Thanks for the quick reply just one more question do you do a 1 min press up and sit up test or is sit up and press up bleep test?

4. They play a tape which bleeps and every time it bleeps you have to do a sit up/press up, this isn't pass or fail but your results are written down by the PTI. I think the maximum amount of situps you can do is 60 and around 40 for press ups

5. Sounds good to me, thank you for the info that does not sound as bad as some people have made it out to be

6. Brilliant I was going to ask the same Question, I'm not the strongest swimmer in the world but surely I can do 50m in under 4mins ... I've got mine on Monday down at Collingwood.

7. ensure you practise the 30 mins submerged breath holding test.

• Like Like x 3
  8. 30MINS!!!? ... I can only do 20 ;)

9. I've npt long passed my interview so will be a while yet before i have a date. I'm guessing you all had your date of going to Raleigh before you got sorted for PRNC? How long before Raleigh/after the interview did you all go to PRNC?

10. Depends on Job, I'm going in as an Engineering Technician, Had my Interview October 2009! I'v had to renew my PJFT 3 times as it only valid for a year ... Got my Join Date few Months ago (12 May) and just got my date for PRNC last month which is on Monday!
    [h=2][/h]

11. What type of ET? is it weapons or Marine, ship or sub?Some one said they are taken alot on this year and start of next, big reruitment drive apparently so fingers crossed my job falls in the wanted catergory. Best of luck for PRNC

12. OMM

OMM War Hero

I'm ET(WE) and had my interview in december and got my date in January, start Nov 10th 13. Just waiting for PRNC date.

13. How you doing, yeah remember speaking to yourself on another thread, remember a few ET(WE) were on that thread. Just completed my security checks yesterday so hopefully won't take to long then just a waiting game.

14. OMM

OMM War Hero

Get an e-mail for your CA and ask when you're likely to get a date. That's what I did and he rang me a few days later with one :)

273 days to go ha!

15. I was considering that, but it took over two weeks for my secuirty check link to come through and i phoned him about 3 or 4 times chaising it up, think i've annoyed him enough for now lol, i'll wait until i get clearance (figures rossed all is good) then will give him a bell.
    Ha enjoy the countdown, hopefully be having the same one soon :)

16. Weapons on the Fleet

17. OMM

OMM War Hero

Same as me :)

18. Yer but its underwater :lol:

19. Biggy How did you find the PRNC the other week?

20. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

He turned up at Collingwood and there it was :thumleft:

• Like Like x 1