Pre Navy job rant...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by officer_inland, Jul 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wanted somewhere to vent. Am graduating in September and looking for work (which sucks big time!) but being realistic at not guaranteed to getting in the RN, I'm having to look for career jobs rather than your part time nonsense. Anyway, after having a day of job hunting, applying and waiting to hear back from people, I've had enough and so needed to rant before heading to the bar :twisted: Rant over, thanks Rum Ration! :)

2. 2/10

No bad language, no one was offended but a bar was mentioned so there is some saving grace :)

On the positive side, good luck job hunting. There are JRs with degrees you know ...

3. Hope your CV skills are better than your ranting skills.

4. A whole day?! :roll:

5. Only 2/10?? Gutted! Tbf, I did tone it down a bit after writing it, god knows why. And yeah just a day, plus the half day yesterday, and the day before. Hard to fit it in while writing a dissertation. Saying that, one day of job search hassle is enough, it's bloody hard to find something suitable right now! Alright for you guys already in the good old RN! :lol:

6. good luck fella, you'll need it! I passed my degree over a year ago, managed to get freelance work and promised full time work when someone left. then the market went tits up and ppl were losing their jobs al of a sudden and they couldnt afford freelancers. hence the navy came to my mind. Iv always been interested in it having nearly joined a couple of times before and im actually more excited for this than when I was a football journalist!!

7. Cheers mackem, just one thing though. Think "up norf" I'm known as a lass ;) Now it really is time to head to the pub, see, it wasn't just an idle threat earlier!

8. A very polite rant I must say. I'm kind of in the same boat, I studied Computing for Intelligent Systems. Essential artificial intelligence and bio chips. Want was I doing today? Put some tiles up in a kitchen, last week? digging a basement. If I could get a job even remotely related to my subject I would. Dad is officer in RAF, his dad officer in Army, his brother Captain in Navy, as well as his Dad. Thought I'd give it some thought, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for it!

9. woops, thats where presuming gets ya. :oops:

sorry. and your right you would be referred to as a lass.

10. Delete perseverance from the attributes section of your CV.
    Can't even be bovvered to dig deep into my bergan of scorn for such a weak 'rant', more of an irritated 'Tsk" I'd say.

11. shut up mackem

12. :lol:

All that fizzy pop going to your head already? or is it the banana pajama top making you feel nautious? or maybe you are upset another one of messiahs hasnt been given the job yet? or is it that you are the laughing stock of the whole country.

love owt like this me. :lol: