Pre Joining Medical

Can anyone give any information on the format of the pre-joining medical and what it involves?

I am a bit worried about it, as I am sure most other potential new recruits are.

Serious answers please!

I know they dont stick any fingers up your back eye!

i was nervous when i joined up 3 years ago but all he PJM involved then was a piss test to check for diabetes, a quick check to make sure i didn't have any skeletal problems. my height, weight and eyesight were all checked and the doc went over my medical history to make sure it was correct and to check i wasn't a manic depressive. there was nothing to be embarrassed about and afterwards i knew it was nothing to worry about.

capt-ahab

Lantern Swinger
Weight, height, peak flow, hearing and eyesight tests, they have a look at all your joints, checking movement etc, also blood test, blood pressure, piss test and a hernia check (cough please!). The doc will also go through your medical history as killick_tiff said just to check everything is accounted for and to make sure there are no other snags.

A

angrydoc

There's always loads of threads like this in RR and, as has been said many times before, there's nothing special about a pre-joining medical. You'll have nothing to worry about unless you've lied on your application form.

Just bloody get on with it!