Pre-joining Fitness Test

Hello!

So I've had a little look around on the forum regarding this but I'm still not entirely sure on the matter.

Could somebody please confirm what the pre-joining fitness test consists of?

Obviously I know about the 1.5 Mile (2.4 km) run and I'm pretty sure I know the times relating to my age group and stuff, but i've heard that this has changed recently and there's now a swimming part along with a few other parts?

If someone "in the know" could just clear this up for me, I'd love it!

Cheers!

Tomahawk

Lantern Swinger
Hello!

So I've had a little look around on the forum regarding this but I'm still not entirely sure on the matter.

Could somebody please confirm what the pre-joining fitness test consists of?

Obviously I know about the 1.5 Mile (2.4 km) run and I'm pretty sure I know the times relating to my age group and stuff, but i've heard that this has changed recently and there's now a swimming part along with a few other parts?

If someone "in the know" could just clear this up for me, I'd love it!

Cheers!
Well if there's a swimming part now, no-one told me and I completed mine yesterday, just the 1.5 mile run on the treadmill

[quote uid=22414 name="KeiranEmond" post=1222144]Hello!<br /><br />So I've had a little look around on the forum regarding this but I'm still not entirely sure on the matter.<br /><br />Could somebody please confirm what the pre-joining fitness test consists of?<br /><br />Obviously I know about the 1.5 Mile (2.4 km) run and I'm pretty sure I know the times relating to my age group and stuff, but i've heard that this has changed recently and there's now a swimming part along with a few other parts?<br /><br />If someone "in the know" could just clear this up for me, I'd love it!<br /><br />Cheers![/QUOTE]<br /><br />Well if there's a swimming part now, no-one told me and I completed mine yesterday, just the 1.5 mile run on the treadmill<br/>

Ah well then, I shall work on the basis that nothing has changed! Cheers muchly!

squashedbanana

Lantern Swinger
I think your getting confused between the PJFT (1.5 mile treadmill test) and the PRNC (4 day course) which you go on prior to starting basic training. Keep searching the forum!!

Banana is right, the PJFT is the 2.4km run, nothing else. Upon passing this you will be waiting for a date for the PRNC which is basically a trial shift for the navy. You must pass the 2.4km run once again and a swimming test, which involves swimming 50m and treading water for 4 minutes then climbing out of the pool unaided

Something witty and loquacious

Kevoby10

Lantern Swinger
You get 10% extra on the prnc as you run it on a track so it probably be a minute more not saying use that 10% because really you shouldn't you should go there and smash it and try to do it under 10:30 haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banana is right, the PJFT is the 2.4km run, nothing else. Upon passing this you will be waiting for a date for the PRNC which is basically a trial shift for the navy. You must pass the 2.4km run once again and a swimming test, which involves swimming 50m and treading water for 4 minutes then climbing out of the pool unaided

Hmmm are you sure that you tread water for 4 minutes? I got corrected at my interview. I was told that you tread water for 2 minutes.

Also, is the 50m swim in normal swim wear kit or in overalls?

Hmmm are you sure that you tread water for 4 minutes? I got corrected at my interview. I was told that you tread water for 2 minutes.

Also, is the 50m swim in normal swim wear kit or in overalls?
It is 2 minutes, my mistake. There are 2 swimming tests, military and naval.
Military is swimming 50m in 4 mins with regular swimwear, naval is jumping off a 5m board, treading water for 2 mins and then swimming 50m all in overalls.