Pre joining fitness test tomorrow!

Genghis

Lantern Swinger
@WannabePilot18 Each PTI will do things slightly different but what I did was:

I turned up and met the gym instructor, showed some ID and got changed into my gym kit.

I had my height, weight and blood pressure taken (first try was too high due to the fact that id just run up and down a few stairs etc to get to the changing rooms, 2nd try showed the right levels for my height and weight etc)
I then went out into the gym where the instructor went through some how-to's with stretches & "how to use the treadmill" and said that he will set it to 12.9kmh / 7.9mph to bring it in at 11mins 33secs.
I did a 5 min run warmup and my own desired speed (the instructor said i can walk, jog, run or do a combination).

I started the run and honestly I just zoned out and concentrated on a few different areas in the gym in front of me, before I knew it the time was approaching 9 minutes and I decided to start making the treadmill go faster to get it finished quicker and try to beat the target time.
I finished the run, the instructor was watching and pressed the stop button for me. recorded my time and immediately sent it to the AFCO.

I hopped off, did a few cool-down stretches, got the results and went to go get changed.

The waiting game afterwards waiting for the AFCO to allocate dates is the slow part!

I hope that helps?

Genghis

Lantern Swinger
No problem, I hope you do well! A tip of the trade is drink plenty of water and consume a decent amount of beetroot (really helps with efficient oxygen use when running). Also make sure your core is very strong and work on overall leg muscle, it'll improve your performance greatly!

Genghis

Lantern Swinger
I like to "load" the beets, as in maintain an amount of it in my system (I have a beets, carrots, apples and ginger smoothie recipe that's so tasty) healthy and great for cardio!

@Hannahmet I have just passed my PJFT on the 19th, I too am wondering when PRNC / Raleigh start dates would be.
I'm guessing due to Christmas holidays / leave time we may not find out until January - Have you got any updates?
We may be on PRNC at the same time!
Hi, I passed my pjft on 22nd Dec, so I'm in the same boat as you...awaiting the hols return for some news!

@WannabePilot18 Each PTI will do things slightly different but what I did was:

I turned up and met the gym instructor, showed some ID and got changed into my gym kit.

I had my height, weight and blood pressure taken (first try was too high due to the fact that id just run up and down a few stairs etc to get to the changing rooms, 2nd try showed the right levels for my height and weight etc)
I then went out into the gym where the instructor went through some how-to's with stretches & "how to use the treadmill" and said that he will set it to 12.9kmh / 7.9mph to bring it in at 11mins 33secs.
I did a 5 min run warmup and my own desired speed (the instructor said i can walk, jog, run or do a combination).

I started the run and honestly I just zoned out and concentrated on a few different areas in the gym in front of me, before I knew it the time was approaching 9 minutes and I decided to start making the treadmill go faster to get it finished quicker and try to beat the target time.
I finished the run, the instructor was watching and pressed the stop button for me. recorded my time and immediately sent it to the AFCO.

I hopped off, did a few cool-down stretches, got the results and went to go get changed.

The waiting game afterwards waiting for the AFCO to allocate dates is the slow part!

I hope that helps?
@WannabePilot18 my test was near on the same. My Gym Instructor was a very nice calm guy that made me feel at ease. They only want to help as best they can. Just remember to try enjoy yourself. This is an awesome thing we are doing!

So now that we are off to the PRNC I was wondering is things like the press up and sit up tests pass or fails or are they to judge you’re overall fitness level to see what you need improvement on? obviously the 2.4km run and the bleep tests are pass or fails but does that apply for the smaller things too?