Pre joining fitness test tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Cameroon..James99, Dec 4, 2017.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi any advice or tips for what I should do to be in the best condition for tomorrow afternoon?

I’m not worried about the run as I’m hitting 9mins 40secs on average.

Just wondering if there’s anything I should not be doing or eating beforehand.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you are running in the afternoon as per your 9 mins 40s then I would not do anything differently as it obviously works.

Other than that, eat sensibly on the day and its probably not a good idea to go out clubbing/drinking tonight (assuming that you are old enough to do so).

Good luck

• Like Like x 4
  3. Wot MCC said. Just chillax and enjoy the session. Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cheers lads thank you!

• Like Like x 3
  5. I managed 9 minutes exactly yesterday! :D

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  6. I’ve got my pjft soon! Any tips on building stamina up, obviously apart from just running long distance. Managing the 2.4 in 12 Mins, but wanting a quicker time

7. I just passed mine this morning second attempt ran at 13.5kph and managed 10mins 45secs wanted a better time but I lost track of time and before I knew it I had finished!

Best advice would be just get your mind in the right place it’s that simple for too long I was panicky and all that but just set yourself aside for 5mins or so get yourself pumped up and just run! Keep your head up and don’t look down till it’s over.

And beetroot juice! Sound disquieting (and is!) but I drank it this morning and I ran like it was no tomorrow!

8. Dont peak too soon chaps!! Leave time to improve. I know you want to impress but dont go too far. I always found being conservative initially then get faster as you advance through training. Shows improvement!!!
    Well done on passing by the way.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you!

10. Do they factor in time for the treadmill to speed up ?, I need to do it in 12:23, I’m just about hitting that now, first attempt a couple of months back was 18 mins lol

11. As soon as you click start the timer starts so no they don’t factor that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Do you control it yourself or does the examiner do that for you ?

13. You control the speed. The examiner will give you a speed to run at to get a time you’d like but you control everything then. Just watch you don’t hit the stop button when changing the speed or you fail!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cheers for that

• Dislike Dislike x 1

15. Another proof of the old saw:

"Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday..."

• Like Like x 1
  16. Too right mate

17. To avoid losing seconds at the beginning, I never press "Quick Start" but I scroll through the menu to find the "Manual" workout. This lets you input speed and other data before you begin, helping shave off seconds and worry. If you're cutting it fine, it's vital.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Just wondering if any of you know how long it is roughly between the pjft and the prnc?? I’ve got braces atm, and need them removing before I go for the prnc but haven’t really got an idea of when!