Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre-joining fitness booklet..

Pool-Champ

Badgeman
I think so, Viglen.

On the kit list that my careers office sent me, it stated that I need to bring it with me but I couldn't see why really.

Would anybody have anything they would suggest before going to Raleigh?

Thanks in advance.
 
I would strongly suggest you take it, because (and let me be clear about this) it says to.

Whether you see a reason or not is totally irrelevant. You do realise you're joining the military dont you?
 

Guzzler

War Hero
Pool-Champ said:
I think so, Viglen.

On the kit list that my careers office sent me, it stated that I need to bring it with me but I couldn't see why really.

Would anybody have anything they would suggest before going to Raleigh?

Thanks in advance.

Just read through everything and decide which parts you agree with. Ignore the rest.
 

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Guzzler said:
Pool-Champ said:
I think so, Viglen.

On the kit list that my careers office sent me, it stated that I need to bring it with me but I couldn't see why really.

Would anybody have anything they would suggest before going to Raleigh?

Thanks in advance.

Just read through everything and decide which parts you agree with. Ignore the rest.

Yeah, just take a set of gash civvies for a run ashore. Don't bother with anything else like wash gear etc. If the chief asks why you brought cock all with you just shrug your shoulders and grunt. Works for most. Youll be reet.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
If you follow the instructions, you should complete, sign & date each element completed on the 8 week pre-joining fitness programme (centre pages).

You are expected to take the completed book with you.
 

Pool-Champ

Badgeman
Ninja_Stoker said:
If you follow the instructions, you should complete, sign & date each element completed on the 8 week pre-joining fitness programme (centre pages).

You are expected to take the completed book with you.

Thanks Ninja.
 
airborne_artist said:
Just read through everything and decide which parts you agree with. Ignore the rest.

In fact, just turn up whenever. The date on the form is just a guide. Five days either side should be fine :roll:

It says bring £80 in cash, and I'm not trying to be difficult but I cant see why. I start in 10 days today but I'm brassic, d'ya reckon the chief will do me a lend til' my first pay?
 
airborne_artist said:
d'ya reckon the chief will do me a lend til' my first pay?

Ask him - the worst he can do is say No.. :D

Thanks - thats put my mind at rest. Now off to start at thread with my other questions. Fortunately the OP has already asked at what pace the bleep is when doing press ups, scratch that one.

Now if only someone can tell me how many ketchup sachets I'm allowed per meal, and the inside dimensions of my left boot i'm fit to go....
 

Alfacharlie

War Hero
DavidK1983 said:
airborne_artist said:
Just read through everything and decide which parts you agree with. Ignore the rest.

In fact, just turn up whenever. The date on the form is just a guide. Five days either side should be fine :roll:

It says bring £80 in cash, and I'm not trying to be difficult but I cant see why. I start in 10 days today but I'm brassic, d'ya reckon the chief will do me a lend til' my first pay?


Just let him know what your prepared to do for him.
 

jjp23

Lantern Swinger
While everyone seems to be helping eachother today i have a question. I am due to start Raleigh just before easter, would it be ok if i made a special egg hunt around the mess i am in so i can follow it and get a suprise easter egg? I know that i will have put it there myself but no doubt i will forget and it would make my day.

Im sure the PTI's would lets us do that as the days fitness?
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
Rodge-Nufc said:
my mate whos just done his basic said he completed the 8 week fitness booklet and they didnt even ask for it

If it wasn't required, it wouldn't be on the list.

I'd be wary following the advice of someone who has barely been in the service for three months & can only vouch for their own particular experience & not that of the entire 500 other recruits simultaneously undertaking phase one training because you can be assured if he's mistaken, it's no defence.
 

Guzzler

War Hero
Thank you for deflecting my tantrum N_S.

I've just spent a couple of hours at college doing arty stuff, listened to some Mozart in my car on the drive back; nicely chilled and all was well. Even the chavmobile that cut me up didn't crack my all-is-well-with-the-world feeling.

Then the 'why should I?' whining starts.

*Assumes Lotus Position*

*Kicks cat*
 
Rodge-Nufc said:
my mate whos just done his basic said he completed the 8 week fitness booklet and they didnt even ask for it

Just done his basic? Mmmm Definitely a real old timer now and he has been conditioned to lie like a hairy egg already.

Believe every word he says -Then blame it on him when it all goes wrong and see where that gets you. :roll:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Pre Joining Fitness Test Advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
chorzxx Pre-joining fitness test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Cameroon..James99 Pre joining fitness test tomorrow! Health & Fitness 41
ws1602 Pre-joining fitness Health & Fitness 11
K Pre-joining Fitness Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
H Pre joining fitness test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
R PJFT / Pre Joining Fitness Test The Gash Barge 11
A Pre-joining Fitness test 2014 Changes Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
R Medical and Pre Joining fitness Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 49
L Pre joining fitness Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
A Pre-joining fitness programme Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
davie_rfc Pre-Joining fitness booklet? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
R Pre joining fitness programme Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
D Completion of Pre Joining Fitness Programme Booklet Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
T Pre Joining Fitness Test (PJFT) The Corps 0
chrismonc87 Pre Joining fitness programs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
M What to wear interview and pre joining fitness test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
J pre-joining fitness programme Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
G Pre-joining fitness Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 6
S Pre-joining fitness programme Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Ninja_Stoker Changes to Royal Marines Commando Pre Joining Fitness Test The Corps 21
J pre-joining question regarding medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
A Question regarding pre-joining medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
L Pre joining brief Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
A Hi looking for pre joining medical advice please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
C Pre Joining Course - Requirments Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
G Pre joining brief Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
R Medical declaration for pre joining breifing. Health & Fitness 6
GuyC Pre Joining Brief Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
docherty how long before pre joining tests Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
werqpr pre joining medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
J Pre-joining brief. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Pre joining medical Health & Fitness 14
B Pre-Joining Brief. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Pre joining brief tomorrow Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
S Correct attire for Pre-joining brief Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
leeblease Pre Joining Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
rugger_bob Pre joining medical Bases / Shore Est 29
rugger_bob Pre joining medical Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS Pre-pack sales to face mandatory independent scrutiny MoD News 0
F Looking for information about Grandads pre-war ship service record... Can anyone help? History 13
T Officer Inreview Questions Pre-AIB Joining the Royal Navy 1
MoD_RSS Government launches public consultation on pre-charge bail MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Approach to casework during the pre-election period MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofsted publications during pre-election period MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government announces plans to review pre-charge bail law MoD News 0
C Pre interview application sift RFA 6
MoD_RSS Arts Minister stops export of Pre-Raphaelite work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ofsted reports during local elections pre-election silence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Pre-emptive strikes on military equipment faults MoD News 0
Similar threads


















































Top