Pre-joining fitness booklet..

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Pool-Champ, Nov 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do you have to take the pre-joining fitness booklet with you when you go to Raleigh?

Thanks in advance.
  2. I was told that you have to take it with you, filled out with your best times etc
  3. I think so, Viglen.

On the kit list that my careers office sent me, it stated that I need to bring it with me but I couldn't see why really.

Would anybody have anything they would suggest before going to Raleigh?

Thanks in advance.
  4. I would strongly suggest you take it, because (and let me be clear about this) it says to.

Whether you see a reason or not is totally irrelevant. You do realise you're joining the military dont you?
  5. Just read through everything and decide which parts you agree with. Ignore the rest.
  6. Yeah, just take a set of gash civvies for a run ashore. Don't bother with anything else like wash gear etc. If the chief asks why you brought cock all with you just shrug your shoulders and grunt. Works for most. Youll be reet.
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you follow the instructions, you should complete, sign & date each element completed on the 8 week pre-joining fitness programme (centre pages).

You are expected to take the completed book with you.
  8. In fact, just turn up whenever. The date on the form is just a guide. Five days either side should be fine :roll:
  9. Thanks Ninja.
  10. It says bring £80 in cash, and I'm not trying to be difficult but I cant see why. I start in 10 days today but I'm brassic, d'ya reckon the chief will do me a lend til' my first pay?
  11. Ask him - the worst he can do is say No.. :D
  12. Thanks - thats put my mind at rest. Now off to start at thread with my other questions. Fortunately the OP has already asked at what pace the bleep is when doing press ups, scratch that one.

Now if only someone can tell me how many ketchup sachets I'm allowed per meal, and the inside dimensions of my left boot i'm fit to go....

13. Just let him know what your prepared to do for him.
  14. While everyone seems to be helping eachother today i have a question. I am due to start Raleigh just before easter, would it be ok if i made a special egg hunt around the mess i am in so i can follow it and get a suprise easter egg? I know that i will have put it there myself but no doubt i will forget and it would make my day.

Im sure the PTI's would lets us do that as the days fitness?
  15. my mate whos just done his basic said he completed the 8 week fitness booklet and they didnt even ask for it
    • Like Like x 1
  16. OK.

Don't do it then.

Is it that fcuking difficult? What is wrong with you people?
  17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If it wasn't required, it wouldn't be on the list.

I'd be wary following the advice of someone who has barely been in the service for three months & can only vouch for their own particular experience & not that of the entire 500 other recruits simultaneously undertaking phase one training because you can be assured if he's mistaken, it's no defence.
  18. Thank you for deflecting my tantrum N_S.

I've just spent a couple of hours at college doing arty stuff, listened to some Mozart in my car on the drive back; nicely chilled and all was well. Even the chavmobile that cut me up didn't crack my all-is-well-with-the-world feeling.

Then the 'why should I?' whining starts.

*Assumes Lotus Position*

*Kicks cat*
  19. Just done his basic? Mmmm Definitely a real old timer now and he has been conditioned to lie like a hairy egg already.

Believe every word he says -Then blame it on him when it all goes wrong and see where that gets you. :roll: