Pre-joining brief.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Jamie534, Aug 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have this coming up on Thursday, however the letter didn't really clarify much and as such i have a couple of stupid questions. Is this a formal meeting? By that i mean will i be expected in a Shirt and Tie etc. and what sort of thing is covered in it?

Cheers.

2. You don't have to be formally dressed, but remember that it's better to be reasonably smart, giving over the right impression about you.

You will be given all your joining information. It covers what you need to take with you (Documents and kit), travel details (train times and travel warrant),reminder on fitness and general info about training (Raleigh/Lympstone).

Hope this helps

Neil

:nemo:

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, we even tell you about haircuts, what size bag to take and the service equal ops policy. If you ask it at your pre-entry brief, no matter how off the wall, it shall be answered.

Most obscure question to date...

..."if my Dad gives me a lift, can he stay at Raleigh overnight?"

4. But does it cover Loss of Ipod?

5. Kinell dont they take their civvy clothes off them when they join? Sending them back home to Mum? ha!ha! :thumright:

6. It's good that they have a pre joining brief. When many of us joined we knew nothing at all about the RN and on day 2 signed a bit of paper committing us to nine years service plus three reserve. Admittedly we were given the choice of opting out and returning home but not many had the bottle to do that preferring to go over the wall a few weeks later.
    The joining routine is certainly an improvement on the old days.

7. Think my Mother had to give permission . As i was a 15 yr old . Dont remember the Opt out clause at ST Vincent ,Slim :thumright: I would have been of like a shot :w00t:

8. The opt out clause came after your time Scouse. When I was at RAF Honington in 75-77 we uased to get all our kit fron Ganges slops. There were so many unhappy juniors leaving there was always a supply of hardly worn DCd kit for sale at knockdown prices :w00t:

9. :lol: brilliant. So my question about whether or not i can take my car to my professional training won't seem as odd.

10. Will be if its Ship board /Sea training. oppo :w00t: :thumright: