Pre interview application sift

Chop1la

Hi everyone

New to this sight, application and exam done and passed, have now been given a form to fill in so they can sift for interview.

They ask 2 questions - why do you want to join the RFA and why have you chose Seaman

I don’t want to muck things up and not get selected for interview so any tips of what to write would be great especially from anyone who has recently filled one on and got through to interview

Thanks

Seadog

War Hero
I don’t want to muck things up and not get selected for interview so any tips of what to write would be great especially from anyone who has recently filled one on and got through to interview
Thanks
Do you think that the recruiters are so stupid that they won’t recognise a plagiarised pitch when they read or hear one?

Were I in recruitment, I wouldn’t recruit anyone who wants the answers on a plate.

Canoe

Badgeman
I used it as an opportunity to show my knowledge of the RFA, the deck role in particular, leave and working patterns and conditions... and how my skills, experience, ability, personal qualities related.

I had absolutely zero maritime experience prior to applying, but if you do your research, it shouldn't be difficult to demonstrate how you'd be suitable.

Chop1la

I used it as an opportunity to show my knowledge of the RFA, the deck role in particular, leave and working patterns and conditions... and how my skills, experience, ability, personal qualities related.

I had absolutely zero maritime experience prior to applying, but if you do your research, it shouldn't be difficult to demonstrate how you'd be suitable.

Thank you that’s perfect, I know what to write I just wanted to hear from anyone who had got through this and if they used any buzz words etc

I did not want to copy or have anything handed on a plate just some guidance and help