Pre-entry briefing

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Graeme, Jan 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do you usually have your pre-entry briefing before or after you've attended the PRNC?

Cheers

2. After. Had mine last Tuesday after having my RNAC in December. You basically get your kit list, rules for Raleigh, and your travel instructions/tickets from your CA

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

3. Cheers for the reply. I got a letter today asking me to attend my briefing but i've not even had a date for my PRNC yet.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Give your AFCO a ring, there maybe a reason, but most have the brief after PRNC because PRNC has pass/fail elements and must be completed before joining.

5. Yeah thats what i thought, i'm due to start 6th October and i was told the PRNC is usually 8 weeks before Raleigh which would mean August so i'm guessing i will get another letter soon with a date for the PRNC which will be sometime before the 20th August.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep. The PRNC is usually within 6 months of your start date at HMS Raleigh. Your pre-entry brief for Raleigh is usually about 4-6 weeks before you actually start.

7. Thanks for the information. I've phoned the AFCO but my CA is on his lunch, so i'll get a clearer picture soon.

8. SCRAN:tongue: