Pre-Entry Briefing

Have my pre-entry briefing begining of Feb10, any advice appreciated, am I expected to wear a Jacket and tie, questions they may ask etc ? Cheers

jjp23

Lantern Swinger
Haven't got any advice for you. Just thought i would say hello as i am going on the 21st March aswell.

See you there mate!

I would wear a jacket and tie for all visits to the AFCO, while not necessary, it shows a bit of personal pride and will make you stand out in a good way.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
GAZ_EFC said:
Have my pre-entry briefing begining of Feb10, any advice appreciated, am I expected to wear a Jacket and tie, questions they may ask etc ? Cheers

The clue to what the brief entails is hidden within the text of the letter:

Pre-entry Brief Letter said:
Dear Mr GAZ_EFC,

With reference to your application for entry into the Royal Navy on XX March 2010 , you are invited to attend at this office at 12:00 on Wednesday 10th February 2010 for a pre-entry briefing.

The aim of this briefing is to give you further information about your initial training, your travel arrangements to the New Entry Training Establishment and to answer any questions you may have. Please complete the enclosed ‘Acknowledgement/Medical Certificate’ and ‘Self Measurement Form’ and return in the pre-paid envelope enclosed.

If you are unable to keep this appointment, please contact me for an alternative date. Additionally, if you have changed your mind about entry, please let me know straight away.

Yours sincerely,

I'M Essence
Chief Petty Officer
AFCO Somewhere (RN)

Enclosures:

1. Acknowledgement/Medical Certificate.
2. Self Measurement Form.
3. Pre-paid envelope.
There are no laid down dress codes for the brief, however you will be advised that a you must arrive at HMS Raleigh in Shirt, Tie, shoes & Trousers for males & smart equivalent for females (ie: not jeans, trackies, trainers, tee-shirt, sweatshirt etc.)

Ninja_Stoker said:
GAZ_EFC said:

The clue to what the brief entails is hidden within the text of the letter:

Pre-entry Brief Letter said:
Dear Mr GAZ_EFC,

With reference to your application for entry into the Royal Navy on , you are invited to attend at this office at 12:00 on Wednesday 10th February 2010 for a pre-entry briefing.

The aim of this briefing is to give you further information about your initial training, your travel arrangements to the New Entry Training Establishment and to answer any questions you may have. Please complete the enclosed ‘Acknowledgement/Medical Certificate’ and ‘Self Measurement Form’ and return in the pre-paid envelope enclosed.

If you are unable to keep this appointment, please contact me for an alternative date. Additionally, if you have changed your mind about entry, please let me know straight away.

Yours sincerely,

I'M Essence
Chief Petty Officer
AFCO Somewhere (RN)

Enclosures:

1. Acknowledgement/Medical Certificate.
2. Self Measurement Form.
3. Pre-paid envelope.
There are no laid down dress codes for the brief, however you will be advised that a you must arrive at HMS Raleigh in Shirt, Tie, shoes & Trousers for males & smart equivalent for females (ie: not jeans, trackies, trainers, tee-shirt, sweatshirt etc.)
Thank you mate!

you watch a video about hms raleigh and are given your final documents (train warrant, contract copy etc) have a chat with your ca and away you go. it takes an hour at most