Pre Entry Brief

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by scoobywrx, Oct 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My son has today received a letter informing him that his Pre Entry Brief is in a couple of weeks time.He hasn't had a joining date yet,will he be told this at the brief.We don't know the entry procedure at all.He passed all his tests,interviews etc in April 2010.He's joining as ETME

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Sounds like he has an entry date in the next couple of months & the 'Offer of Service' letter has gone astray.

Best bet: Ring AFCO on monday to clarify.

3. He'll give them a ring on Monday ta.
    Either the pre joining brief letter was meant for someone else or as you say the Offer of Service letter has gone astray.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Fingers crossed it's the latter. The current wait for ET(ME) from test to entry is around 16 months I think, so it sounds feasible.

It would of course be foolish in the extreme to suggest mistakes aren't made by AFCOs. When one of 'my' candidates gets allocated an entry date, I ring them up & later send the 'offer of service' letter to make sure, but some may do it differently.

Some of the younger applicants can sometimes be a nightmare to get hold of as they change mobile numbers frequently, neglecting to keep us updated. Sometimes people complete the Offer of Service "Accept/Decline" chit, not fully reading the letter & then return the entire letter & the completed form, not realising they have an entry date. I've even had a guy attend an pre-entry brief, join Raleigh & fail to 'sign-on', claiming he thought he was only attending an acquaint course.

Don't saw his bed in half for the bonfire, change the locks, move house or rent-out his bedroom just yet.

5. [​IMG]

6. Good news.He rang today,his entry date is 4th Dec.
    Thanks.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Excellent, you can now put his entire wardrobe on eBay & move house without fear of him being any the wiser.

8. Ha Ha,
    Ta for your help.I'm sure all will be explained at his pre entry brief but will Raleigh close for a few days at Xmas ?

9. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, Raleigh Chrimbo leave dates 23 December to 09 Jan.

10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Yes but you'll have time to move by then, don't forget to write to him telling him that you have moved, but put the old address on the top of the letter. Not so daft as it seems, this actually happened to a youngster when we were in the West Indies some years ago.