Pre-brief date?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by G-Man_1991, Apr 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, currently looking forward to my pre-brief on May 20th, all very exciting stuff however I have a question regarding this very date. At the moment I'm looking at a June 27th date to Raleigh and I've talked to a handful of people with this same date. Each one appears to have their pre-brief within April which I find rather strange considering we share the same entry date. Just out of sheer curiosity I'd like to know why this may be.

Cheers.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As long as the pre-entry brief is before you join, it really makes no difference.

Ideally HMS Raleigh want to receive your entry papers (sent by the AFCO) about 3 or 4 weeks before you join - to this end, the pre-entry brief should aim to be about 4 or 5 weeks before you join (unless it's a short-notice entry date).

3. Cheers Ninja, I suppose with it making absolutely no difference I should stop complaining to people :) .

4. Well mines next week and i go to raleigh may 16th so its about the same as mine

5. I too go to HMS Raleigh on the 27th of June. Got my pre-brief on the 18th of May, I wouldn't worry about it.

6. Yeah the my afco said it would be mid may for me, havent heard a deffo date yet tho. Got my RPC on the 24th of may so would be before that i guess? Then off to Raleigh :D

7. Why on earth would you complain, you've got a freeking date 8O

8. I don't ACTUALLY complain to people, I consider myself to be extremely lucky to even have a date with all the set-backs that are flying about.