Pre-AIB training course: is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Joining the Royal Navy' started by RUBES, Jul 15, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my AIB in October and was looking around for ways to practice PLT and planning exercises in a similar format to AIB.

I came across this 'pre-AIB' course and was wondering if anyone has been on it, or knows anyone who has. If so, is it worth it?

Alternatively, if anyone has any suggestions to prepare for the PLT and planning exercises at AIB, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Put it this way; the service doesn't endorse any commercial courses, books or DVDs, nor does anyone expect potential joiners to spend money on reference sources to pass selection.

All the information required to pass selection is freely available for those who are prepared to source it themselves, but for those who wish to buy stuff, there appears to be favourable reviews.

The tip from me is it is not a case of cracking a definitive solution but more a case of how you go about trying to solve the problem by utilising the resources you have to hand (the team, the task, the plan) and how well you can lead your team whilst executing the plan.
  3. Simple answer, no!