Practical joke

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by gammaguy117, Dec 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've heard there are a few practical jokes to avoid whilst at Raleigh.

so far I've heard of things not to volunteer for

Long weight
    STC

any others that we should be on guard for?

2. STC isnt a joke...its just a story they themselves spread to hide the truth and maintain their air of mystery. When its your time, you will know :p

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Tartan Paint, Glass Hammers, oh & don't be fooled into thinking you need to salute Officers - only salute those on a bike. :wink:

4. STC is defo a real thing! Not to be joked at.

5. Damn right, bloke down the pub told me so. nice chap but with 'the look'

6. i just heard that at Raleigh they use it as a practical joke.

i know about the "real" STC ;)

7. When someone asks you what 'flag of the day' is?. Just laugh and go 'yeah, fcuking cheers!'

8. Never call a MAA 'Master' always call him Chief!

9. Or, 'Nice watch Chief, where's your dog'?

10. And should you see one, always call a Coxwain, Master!

11. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

It's not actually one flag, its usually three...

There's Mike Oscar November on Mondays, then Tango Uniform Echo, Whiskey Echo Delta, Tango Hotel Uniform, Foxtrot Romeo India and Sierra Alpha Tango for Tuesday through Saturday while Sunday could be either the Church pennant or Sierra Uniform November so you'd better go and have a look to be on the safe side.

12. 'All the time we were in Plymouth there were air raids and a lot of bombing. Just after we arrived at HMS Raleigh, an air raid shelter suffered a direct hit and we had bodies laid out all over the galley tables'
    Taken from the diary of a war time Wren.

We were told that the several hundred dead were buried under the parade ground. If you didn't swiftly march across it they would come out to haunt you..

Have a bit of think about what you are walking on :wink:

13. GG,

Enjoy the practical jokes whenever you can; but remember - The Staff will always have the last laugh...... :lol: :twisted:

14. thanks for destroying my aspirations ;)

15. :D That paints a splendid picture in my mind!

16. Escape Arrows do need recharging so when told you should double away with a gash bag and a pussers right angle at once.

And obviously with your attitude you wont even make STC selection let alone "the unit"

17. it's amazing how much of a tosser one can make themselves seem over the internet

18. Ask a Bootneck what instrument he plays.

19. OOOOoooooooo!

20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Funnily enough, two former Bandies transferred to Commando training in the last twelve months, so the odds are now less than 3000:1 of not getting a punch in the bracket for asking. :wink: