PPI claim

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Killer tomato!, Oct 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got a letter from LloydsTSB a while back. It said something about I was owed money from an old fully paid loan. The letter itself looked a bit suspect as it was a photocopied job and the logo was in black and white and the whole thing just didn't look right. I took it to my branch to ask a few questions and they even made some calls on my behalf (been with them 40 years and more.). They said the thing seemed legit although the staff had not actually heard of this type of circular going round. I filled it all in (it did not ask for personal banking detiails, just address and phone number etc) and sent it to them on August 15th. Last night got bored so give their number a call and some overseas lady answered. I asked if there had been any progress and she said that a reply had been done on 1st October and that a cheque for £5,204.96p was winging its way to me, and this was an "offer". Offer? Does this mean that there's a possibility that I can sort of dig my heels in and see if there is more in the pot? Wife says no mail received as yet, but I was wondering if anyone else has had long gone PPI settlements achieve a satisfactory conclusion without any middle-men taking a cut. Not greedy. Just curious.

Thanks,

KT

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I don't see how a company could make a claim on your behalf without knowing which company sold you the PPI

You are better off doing it yourself, it's very easy: Reclaim PPI for Free: How to claim £1000s - Money Saving Expert

If you use a third party company, they take a cut also. There are literally hundreds of scams & I guarantee you that you will never see a cheque for £5204.96 off this company as it is pure fiction.

3. Nothing like pissing on someones strawberries. I suppose I shall have to wait for mister postman to deliver some good news, or right it off as a load of old tosh. Never mind, I've got this letter from a guy called Quandaga Mubuloto who is originally from
    Swaziland but had to flee to Montreal with a load of money and he says that if I send him my sort code and account number there will be absolutely ****ing millions of canadian dollars coming my way as hes got to move some of around. Let you know how I get on.

K T

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I could be wrong, but I've yet to hear of a bank writing to people offering them money, it's usually the other way around.

5. I am still waiting for my money from 1999. Ask if he knows Emmanuel Oduamadi? He sent me an email saying he was a Prince from Nigeria who wanted to deposit $130 Million and would give me 5% handleing fee if I let him have my account details.

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

What a wonderful thread.

I'm off to post on MoneySavingExpert.com Forums to see what the the requirements are for joining the Royal Navy.

• Like Like x 1