Potential Royal Marine Officers - Test your State of Mind- Green ops

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Ninja_Stoker, Nov 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

For those interested: the Facebook online challenge officially launches at 15.00 Tuesday 08 November 2011 and will run through until the end January 2012.

Take part in an operational mission to intercept a High Value Target (HVT). You will take on the role of a Royal Marines Officer.

If you make a wrong call or take too long to make a move and the mission can end in failure.

You will be placed at the heart of a Royal Marines operation, testing your decision-making skills to see if you have the right state of mind to be a Royal Marines Officer.

Not only must you be able to take on the same intense physical challenges as your men, you must also be able to plan and execute complex missions, as well as making split second decisions with a cool and calm head.

Royal Marines | Facebook

In addition, the Royal Marines Commando Recruiting team is rolling out ‘Green Ops LIVE’ up until the 15th December with a focus on finding and encouraging core leadership and teamwork skills within individuals.

The Royal Marines Commando team will be visiting selected universities across the UK to engage and educate sports-orientated, leading individuals about the core qualities of a Royal Marines Officer and how these skills can translate to developing and sustaining a
    wining team.

This engagement programme is specifically designed to encourage and inspire teamwork, character building and excellence of leadership, in order to promote enhanced personal and team performance.

Details of the Day

The Green Ops LIVE day can be flexible depending on resources. This includes:

Introduction/Brief - where students are introduced and briefed on the agenda.

The Warm Up and Fitness Training provides students with 30 minutes of physical activity.

Teams are then created which are taken through a series of challenges and practical leadership tasks. These tests are designed to prove commando qualities within team based activities and include: kit musters, river crossing and through the hedge exercises.

Following this there will be an open environment for question and answers on being a part of the Royal Marines.

2. Ninja_Stoker

3. Oh Dear God! Not made by "World of Warcraft" perchance????

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Can I get hopelessly lost and have a friendly Sgt take all the important decicions for me?

5. No ... its not that life like! :-D

6. LOL awesome epic raid, royal style.

7. hello i am currently 16 years of age and has passed a level 1 public service course .. i am now currently doing a NCFE Level 2 course at st helens college currently ongoing till september but i was wondering if i could possibly go to the armed office and apply and go already any help please ??

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome to Rum Ration, Liam.

Which job are you hoping to apply for?

9. What in Little Black dresses, drag queen make up and 6 inch stilleto heels?
    Good to see some traditions are being upheld, what what!!:slow:

10. Ninja_Stoker

Funny you should mention that. I had a chuckle this morning when I saw glossy posters advertising an Annual Ball at the Regional Navy Headquarters. As I read down it said, "Rig: Number One Uniform, Black Tie or Ball gown" after the words ball-gowns, in brackets are the words "Females Only".

• Like Like x 1
  11. Well you are in Liverpool!!! Just make the the Royals don't find out about it

SM

12. Makes a change from Ski-March boots and a pussers suitcase!