Potential PTI (hopefully)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by nutters, Dec 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi everyone,
    im new to RR, so please dont rip me too much! i am a trianee PE teacher, but fed up with teaching as i have found it usefless and want to do something more worth while and something to be proud of, and have the full on life which im begging for. i would like to join the navy. im also in the TA at the moment. so i love all the banter and the close mates you gain from this. however i would like to eventually become a PTI or Reg. ut i understand that you have to join up for at leats 3 years ntil you can do this. But i have a Colour perception level 4, so i have been offered, MA, WE, WE (sub), Steward, NN, Writer, SA and Chef. so which one would be best and easiest to transfer from these branches to pti or reg, as i heard this can make a huge difference.
    any advice please
    nutters

2. I thought PTI's were Reggies that were too fat to recat????

3. And what exactly do YOU think the " I " in PTI stands for?

:rendeer:

4. haha i dunno

5. With written england skills like yours, you'll be a shoo- in.

6. passed for Leading Reg with flying colours!

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Nutters

Do you have the following:

1. Tub of hair gel?
    2. T-shirts 4 sizes too small?
    3. Chunky watch on a piece of string 'cos your wrists are so massive?
    4. Tin of Cuprinol to 'top up your tan'?
    5. Mirrors on more than one wall in your bathroom/bedroom?

If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, then the PT Branch will have you yesterday... :lol:

8. :p Quality.
    Also practice shouting "Three stand-bys and we go"

9. taking the step to PTI is a very big step,will you be able to handle a creer doing **** all,

Will you be able to accept all officers as your personal Hero

will you be able to to talk utter rubbish honestly belieiving its commonsense.

If so join

10. Is the PTI branch still a cross over branch? Or like many can you now join straight up as one?

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Oh dear, I do hate being the bearer of gloom, however you should definiteley not join up in the expectation or anticipation of being able to become a member of the PTI branch or Service Police (Regulator) . All the aforementioned, as you have correctly identified are sideways entry trades (ie: join first, then try to join later).

From your list of trades, it's rather difficult to discern whether you have already taken the Recruiting Test, because if you have, ET(ME) is the same score as ET(WE) & the same Colour Perception, unless someone changed it today whilst I was on the bus home.

Either way, from the list you've posted the following are definitely out at the moment: Logs(CS) (P) - formerly Chef, in fact any Logs branch, Naval Nurse (assuming you have the GCSE's & 200 UCAS points to apply in the first place) & with the Engineering Technician trades, assuming you qualify, they will want a minimum of 2.5 years return of service after completion of full trade training (because it costs a great deal to train you) before you could even be considered, assuming in 3 years time, there is a surplus of manpower in those trades- there may not be- it's your gamble!

The RAF do take PTI's directly, maybe they are a more viable alternative.

12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I think you'll find this is called a "lunge". :wink:

:w00t:

13. :w00t: :thumright: lol