Potential Officer Acquaint Visits 2018

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Potential Officer Visits (POV) 2018

Those aged 16+, contemplating joining as a Royal Navy or Marines Officer, if interested in finding out more, should ask their local Area Careers Liaison Officer at the Initial Officer Careers Interview about POV availability, once they have passed the Recruiting Test and their application is under way.

· All Candidates attending a POV are required to complete Indemnity Forms. Candidates advised to purchase additional personal liability insurance to cover other eventualities, ie injury or loss of, or damage to property, which is not attributable to the MOD

· All U18 Candidates attending a POV are required to have Parental Consent Forms completed

· Candidate’s food & accommodation will be funded by the service

Dates (by branch) below:

Attachments

If you go on one of these, my only plea to any of you is please talk to other Officers at lunch and after you've finished for the day. We've all been where you've been, we all did POC visits, we know things you might want to know. Very few of us actively bite, and in the main want to share our experiences with you.

I, for one, judge you by your ability to get on in a wardroom - it's an open door, push hard at it.

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Good post and timely @Ninja_Stoker I've been informally interviewing/preparing sixth formers for AIB/entry tests and had suggested the schools and individuals reach out for POC visits particularly given our proximity to the Naval Base.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Good post and timely @Ninja_Stoker I've been informally interviewing/preparing sixth formers for AIB/entry tests and had suggested the schools and individuals reach out for POC visits particularly given our proximity to the Naval Base.
If they are in strike range of Pompey and there any schools wanting to take groups of up to 30 students, the Commando Recruiting Team are conducting a Meet The Marines event in HMS Excellent in a couple of weeks, too.