Pot Luck Pen & Sword Competition

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Dec 3, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Pen & Sword have very kindly donated 5 books for a Pot Luck competition. I have chosen 5 historical fiction novels (well one goes back to WW2) and cover naval, land and aerial warfare: the winners will receive one of them.

Entry form for this is here: P&S Competition

Competition will run until Sunday 14th December and hopefully the prizes will be with you by Christmas to give you something to hide in when the word goes on the 25th. The Book are:

Blockade runner.jpg Inheritance of Power.jpg Peenemunde.jpg Quiet Earth.jpg Stug Command.jpg

Pen & Sword Website here for more details of the books, or if you want to buy

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

4. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

5. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Competition closed and the winners, in no parr order are:

stokers plaything, topstop, ACAB, Little Grand Slam & ancienturion

Emails have gone out to them for their details so P&S can send their book.

Answers

Q1 - the first mil history book was about the Barnsley Pals battalion

Q2 - P&S came into being after their parent company bought Leo Cooper Ltd

Q3 - and the question that caused most angst with about a third for each choice. However, the way I did this was to look at the ARRSE Reviews section and there are 148 pages with 10 reviews on each page. I know that there are some of the reviews missing following some software changes and if you take in Rum Ration & Rear Party the number goes up to well over 2000, but the question was about ARRSE so the figure I was looking for was approximately 1500 (which ain't bad going)

6. Many thanks. Book arrived this morning. Looking forward to getting in to it.